EIAS 9....it was worth it! Thanks so much

Brian

2) Rama is always needed if you have a renderfarm with several machines or if you have a render batch of projects to render while you rest a bit :) Camera 9 will push hard to use all cores and in all render process.

Thanks

Tom

Thomas, does that mean that with a render farm, you only need to add in Renderama one render engine per remote host and the camera on that host will use all the available core/thread on that host?

That will be really great, since with the new accumulation of multicore CPU it is tedious and annoying job just launching in Renderama all those remote engine and on the remote launching all the remote slaves and organizing all the different render windows...

Maher

I'm still unclear Tomas with Renderama.... maybe if I ask the question this way... the way I use it now... ONE MACHINE with 8 cores.... if I have simply ONE project to animate... can I simply ignore using renderama because camera will AUTOMATICALLY use all 8 cores? Or like maher asked above... do i still need to launch 8 slaves individually...

when it comes to more than one computer... Im not asking that... and if I have more than one job to QUE up, that makes sense to need a simple tool to line them up...

thanks... Ill be purchasing soon regardless, but Im very curious...

Ola Maher,

“Thomas, does that mean that with a render farm, you only need to add in Renderama one render engine per remote host and the camera on that host will use all the available core/thread on that host?

That will be really great, since with the new accumulation of multicore CPU it is tedious and annoying job just launching in Renderama all those remote engine and on the remote launching all the remote slaves and organizing all the different render windows...”

Exactly, totally easier, modern, faster and stable :)

Thanks

Tom

Awsome!

By the way, is there some kind of manual that explain the settings of the new features?

I've downloaded all the tutorials of EIAS 9 and take a quick look at all of theme but I just see some detailed explanations in the Photons Lessons folder.

I don't mind to play with the new features without a detailed manual, but I would like to know if old EIAS 8 projects will render the same in the new 9 release without any tweaking (especially for the photons and GI aspects)

Thanks,

Maher

Ola BW,

I just did a render with Dante, yes, Dante is not working with Rama.

But worked..

Thanks

Tom

post-5-0-56937400-1352239394_thumb.png

post-5-0-70861900-1352239410_thumb.png

Cloud Shader Sample.mov

Hey Tom -

I was exploring further in Dante and I did find out that it does work if I turn on "Preview Objects Particles as Bounding Boxes" Camera does render the files but I think it's just EIAS that won't show the object particles (except as bounding boxes). Since it works on your end could it be a video card issue?

thanks

bw

Don't know where else to put this- I really like EIAS9 so far and how fast it is. On the topic that there is a possibility that the new version renders some things a little differently...

I have done some light testing and it looks like an EIAS8 GI scene rendered in EIAS9 looks pretty much the same. that's good.

Scenes that use photons, however, look a little different:

It's not much, but definitely noticeable.

I've attached a project file originally created in V8 to illustrate the difference, with two renders: one on V8 and one on V9.

I wonder what settings to tweak in EIAS9 to make the renders look exactly like in EIAS8?

This would save me some time so I don't have to recreate my photons projects again in version 9...

Thanks very much in advance.

EIAS_8_vs_9.zip

Ola Dan!

To have the light intensity like EIAS 8, you need only change the Emission #Photons, K value to something like 1.5.

Reflections will not be the same, since now, we use more modern algorithms, like Irradiance and Screen caches.

post-5-0-06696200-1353029429_thumb.png

Note: to faster renders and correct Photons values now in EIAS 9, I will need to explain you How, but it will change a bit the final render, when you want, I can teach you, its simple.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom. Changing #Photons seems to help, but it's still not the same look unfortunately. I think I might find a way to get a very, very close approximation to the EIAS8 photons look by playing around with the HDRI, falloff and diffuse filter options in the reflectivity tab --> raytrace options. These are new to EIAS9 and that's what made me think tweaking them might help.

I'll post here when I find a setting I like or that I can work with.

Does anyone else have this problem? Are people just going to regenerate their photons scenes from scratch?

post-78-0-50746900-1353382493_thumb.jpg

The few last days, I've played with Rhino 3D for Mac beta and EIAS 9. I've modeled a good approximation of my new white gyro for testing some stripping ideas before committing myself with a definitive design. I really love the speed and the quality of rendering of EIAS 9. It's so fast, I've done everything on my Macbook Pro without even bothering transferring the project on my MacPro.

Here's a first proof of concept.

Maher

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to say congratulations to Tomas, the Igors and everyone else involved in making EIAS v9 a reality.

I only spent a short time with the beta, i've been involved with other things, but i have to say this is a must-have upgrade- the new render engine alone is worth the upgrade cost IMO, i will be placing my order as soon as i can.

Thanks again for making this happen.

Reuben