EIAS 9....it was worth it! Thanks so much

Brian

All seems good apart from Northern Lights plug ins arn't working at all... Any clues? I guess they have to be updated by the developer . . .

Congratulations to the EIAS team :shy:

The plugin & shader question is an important one. Is there a compatibility list yet? I'm heavily using M-Forge for example… will it work? Or does the new 64-bit architecture mean, nothing of the "old" stuff will work at all?

BTW, that's a question that's directly linked to my credit card information… :cool:

Bernd

Hi Tomas, Would i be able to coexist with 8 and 9 at the same system. (not run at the same time) but 9 doesnt kill 8 does it.

also are project files on 9 somewhat compatible with 8 or not at all. thanks.

also what are all the different download available on 9 ... EIAS 9.0 Environment, DS360 EIAS 01 ?

are these part of the same upgrade or separate packages for purchase ?

thanks and sorry for asking so many questions on such a busy day

Mick

Ola Mick!!

Yes, EIAS 8 and EIAS 9 can be in the same machine :) not running at same time, of course.

You can open EIAS 8 projects in EIAS 9, its not a problem, a few, it will need some tweaks to use the full power of EIAS 9.

EIAS 9.0 Environment, DS360 EIAS 01, they are free .ibl files to be included inside EI presets, then you will have several outdoors scenes to light and use in your projects!

EIAS 9 have soo many changes, as soon you will play with them, you will like a lot!

Thanks

Tom

How long a wait until I can get the authorization code? I signed in as a guest to paypal to use my credit card.

Steven,

it was about 15 minutes here (using an existing, confirmed Paypal account). Shouldn't be much of a difference with a guest account, though. However, maybe they're just flooded with orders, since the USA is awake now :D

Bernd

Ola Bernd,

The tools which we support will be updated to 64 bits, including Mforge, the current versions run fine on 32 bits mode, some doesnt work in 64.

About Northernlights3D, we need to wait them, whats not working Hurricane?

Thanks

Tom

Hi, don't get me wrong, excellent upgrade, love it!

The plugins not working so far are: placer deposit and flockthis . . . liquify, is working, these are the only 3 I've tested so far... I have most of them, so I'll keep you informed...

Power Particles Pro seems to be OK so far...

:-)

The new version is nice - but Placer Deposit and Dante don't work. I'm not holding out for support form NL, I would rather EI make new plug-ins to replace these. Any chance of this happening? I know this was discussed at length, and I was under the impression that the existing plug-ins that worked in 8 would work in 9.

I understand that we won't see the benefit of 64bit with a 32 bit plug-in, but I know we were assured the plug-ins would work.

love all the new stuff, but so far it's unusable.

bw

Hey bw,

Did you try rendering out to the 32 bit camera? I use Dante a good bit myself.

yeah, I tried both. Dante won't even work in EIAS, it won't copy the instances of objects. I get the error:

Copy Group: A requested plug-in feature or mode is not supported, File:/Development / NLP XCode Plugins / Needs revised projects / Dante X / Source / UEIParticle.ccp

In PlacerDeposit, I get the same error when using "Instance Mode Type 1" When using Type 2 it will generate the instances in EIAS, but they don't render correctly.

Dante with Renderama has been broken for a long time but at least it would work in EIAS and render correctly if you didn't use Renderama. I remember specifically asking if Dante would work in version 9. The answer was, it would work the same as version 8 and we wouldn't need Renderama because you could use all cores in Camera 9 and render the animation from EIAS.

Now it's even more broken than before.

bw