EIAS 9....it was worth it! Thanks so much

Brian

well, I must doing something wrong. - I have a Dante group and linked the sphere. I add the sphere as a Object Particle and set the particle type to Objects and I get an error:

"Copy Group: A requested plug-in feature or mode is not supported, File:/Development / NLP XCode Plugins / Needs revised projects / Dante X / Source / UEIParticle.ccp"

I get the same error in PlacerDeposit unless I switch the instances to "Type 2" is there a way to do that in Dante? What are you doing differently?

thanks!

bw

Hello Thomas,

Can't believe that EIAS 9 is finally out. I just tumbled on that unexpected info almost by accident.

I'm a registered owner of EIAS 8 and I didn't received any email about the 9 release. When I try to click an the «buy» button on your HomePage nothing happen...

Maher

Ola Thomas,

I'm in last version of Safari (6.0.1) on a Mac. I figured that I had to choose a product first, then the system bring me to the «buy now» page.

I've already purchase the upgrade and received my unlock link ;-)

Now I'll need a few days of snow storm to forget about work and play with EIAS 9...

Thanks,

Maher

Man this version is fast. On my 12 core mac it sees all the cores and all of the virtual cores. It is 3 times faster than my 4 core i7 iMac which I thought was very difficult to do. Even the shaders have a preview in the camera.

Question, is the 2GB limit for a rendering a thing of the past?

I hope that in the near future someone does a video tut on the new Photons and GI settings.

Man this version is fast. On my 12 core mac it sees all the cores and all of the virtual cores. It is 3 times faster than my 4 core i7 iMac which I thought was very difficult to do. Even the shaders have a preview in the camera.

Question, is the 2GB limit for a rendering a thing of the past?

I hope that in the near future someone does a video tut on the new Photons and GI settings.

It's really fast! - I'm trying to figure out the memory thing too. Trying to figure out when it's best to set the Camera to 32 or 64. I did a quick test with PlacerDeposit and Camera. GI, no lights about 1.5 million polys

32bit camera = 33 sec,

it uses 1 core for the "creating instances"

then 1 core for "building bsp"

then all cores for "calculating GI buffer"

64 bit camera = 2 min 21sec

it seems to use all the cores for all steps.

but when you first launch camera, it just sits (doing something, not sure) for about 2 min.

I then exported and imported the PlacerDeposit model, so Camera is rendering the same model but not with PlacerDeposit

both 32 and 64 camera did it in 22 sec.

just did a test with the 64bit Camera - I have a 489MB fact file I built for a project (5.6 million polys) I rendered it in 32 bit camera which works fine I duplicate it once and it will not render. In 64 bit Camera I duplicated it 5 times (total of 6) 33.7 million polys. It took a while but it rendered. pretty cool.

bw

Congrats to the EIAS team. I can't believe you managed to keep all this stuff quiet for so long! I especially like all the interface enhancements and how much faster it is. This is a small thing but being able to drag windows and see where you are dragging them feels amazing.

A few questions:

What good is the AI/EPS import functionality if you don't have the Mrs Bebel plugin? What is the purpose of this feature?

What is the status of Expressionist and Rodeo plug-ins? Are they supported by EIAS? I haven't done much testing but XP seems to work with the demo... Have they been tested at all by the EIAS team to see if they are compatible with the new dynamics system?

Does XP have any new functions or hooks into the new dynamics system?

Again, Congrats guys. I think this is a great upgrade and I am pleasantly surprised!

Hello Brian

32bit camera = 33 sec,

it uses 1 core for the "creating instances"

then 1 core for "building bsp"

then all cores for "calculating GI buffer"

64 bit camera = 2 min 21sec

it seems to use all the cores for all steps.

but when you first launch camera, it just sits (doing something, not sure) for about 2 min.

I then exported and imported the PlacerDeposit model, so Camera is rendering the same model but not with PlacerDeposit

both 32 and 64 camera did it in 22 sec.

Plugins are not multithreaded because only plugin itself knows what to do. Host also can't do other things before geometry is fully created. But there are no obstacles for developers to write multi-threaded plugins.

A render time difference 32/64 is normal/expected in this case. When 64-bit render core calls 32-bit plugin a some time is wasted to switch between 64/32 and back. With intensive exchange (1.5 millions) the render times difference is noticeabe. With smaller geometry it's less. You need native 64-bit version of the plugin. Using 32-bits plugins is a temporary solution before Animator is moved to 64-bit

Congratulations on the new release! a couple quick questions I cant seem to find answers too right now...

#1 does camera "auto" adjust between 32 and 64 bit... or do we need to set it to one or the other? I use Mr Revolver a lot...

does my WHOLE scene render slower... OR does camera simply generate the model in 32 bit mode then 'switch' to using all processors

for the render?

#2 maybe this is a dumb question, but why do we need renderama with a multithreaded camera? Is it for scenes heavy in 32 bit plug in use?

Is there a way to tell if a given scene is fully able to use all cores before rendering?

#3 has the new model import system been tried or interfaced with Next Limits Real Flow? future integration possible? Im not a programmer but I

"think' all that is needed is a plug in.... maybe its not too much work to create this in exchange for direct access to that amazing fluid generator...

Thanks! I cant wait to learn all the great new things EI has to offer.... it looks wonderful!

Scott

Ola Scott,

1) Please, download the EIAS 9 Demo and open Camera settings, you choose between 32 and 64, if you dont want to change between both to get faster renders sometimes, you can leave in 64 bits mode, the render time is small between both 32/64 with small scenes.

2) Rama is always needed if you have a renderfarm with several machines or if you have a render batch of projects to render while you rest a bit :) Camera 9 will push hard to use all cores and in all render process.

3) Realflow import is addressed in our list of interest.

Download the samples and render:

http://www.eias3d.com/tutorials/

Thanks

Tom