Northern Lights plugin development status update

Howdy folks,

Just wanted to give everyone a status update.  I've been busy updating the collection for 64-bit Camera compatibility.  This process is taking quite a bit longer than expected but I am making progress.  There is a lot of work to do but I hope to have things done in the next couple of weeks.  One downside to this process is that older projects including ones you may make in EI 9 using the 32-bit-only versions of the plugins won't work.  It's never a good idea to change software versions in the middle of a project so keep your old stuff around for a while.  Stay tuned...

Blair M. Burtan

Northern Lights Productions

www.northernlights3d.com

• Like 1

Fantastic news. Bummer about the incompatibility with older plug-ins. Any chance of having an 'export settings' option? At least in the future that would save countless hours of having to do screenshots of every setting and re-inputting them. 

Can't wait. Will finally be able to render some very complex Placer stuff. Thanks!  -Derryl

Current status:

• One problem-child left to fix (Blaster isn't liking 64-bit Camera for some weird reason).
  • AG Shader updates
  • PC versions
  • New installers
  • And I really should move my web host and build a new website.

This project is taking a lot longer than I thought.  The 64-bit stuff is a major headache.  Stay tuned...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great News..... any chance the real flow plug in could be refined to be fully functional?  Id be willing to pay hundreds just for that alone working reliably...  my most wasted purchace has been real flow... but its my own 

fault...  I just dont have the hours needed to get anywhere near as good as I am in EI... in ANOTHER 3d app... so I stubbornly pray and sit willing to 'pay'  :)     very happy your upgrading the old plugs... thanks for that!

im sorry, im not sure your first name fanomaz....  I should by now.    I dont want to sound critical because NL did the plug for free...   I owned real flow and can still upgrade it.... but what I remember

was that you could not do all it was capable of...  like importing moving geometry then exporting it...  there was SOMETHING missing and im sorry I dont have exactly what it was... I vaguely recall being allowed to get  some output but not the control of other apps.   Also I thought NL mentioned that Real Flow needed to release certain code...   its so expensive I really need a robust link between the apps....  I would need to see a variety of tests before "trusting" it again....  I WANT to believe it works fully but then the people at Next Limit should "authorize" it...   not enough of us for them to make a link on their own they told me years back...

im hopeful.... I really want to get into fluid simulations...

Hi Scott,

yes, you are right, the plug is way ahead from being perfect!

But for basic imports into EI its ok. I only own the learning edition

of RF, but you can always export models or meshes from there

via obj. Its not an easy workflow, but it works so far.

Maybe Blair can tell more about the future of his RFplug.

Alex

• 6 months later...