its been over 2 months now UPDATE the EI 9 Progress please

Guest supernova

Guest supernova

I respect the process and hard work you all are putting into v9.

Also remember... some of us deeply rely on EI for our livings... Im not ready to jump ship yet for a number of reasons... but an occasional update

will help greatly in my business planning...

thanks...

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 3dworks

hi there, old and new EIAS friends :)

what about the perspectives of EIAS on OSX? will animator and camera be fully 64 bit capable (cocoa)? this would be an essential feature for handling large projects, imo.

also: will it be dongle free? i remember that one of the many personal reasons not to upgrade anymore since version 6.x was the additional cost for a dongle replacement including the expensive cost for shipping this to europe (the old eve dongle didn't work any more on later versions of EIAS)... while i understand that protecting software is important, maybe another solution would be more user friendly?

it has been a long time since i last used EIAS for my work, but i'm still curious about the future developments, so can we get any further hint when EIAS 9 will see the public light? Q3 2011?

cheers

markus

Hi Markus,

EIAS 9 is looking really, very nice, I have been doing some lovely (and FAST) renders with Camera 64 MP.

It seems like, for the moment at least, the dongle is here to stay (I recently noticed that the number of apps we use here that require dongles is increasing, not decreasing...).

Maybe Tomas can say more :)

Ian

Ola Markus,

We dont have plans to remove the dongle, for now :(

We plan to release a DEMO version, which will be our first experience without the dongle. :)

About handling huge amount of data, we handle better the data with our Animator 32bits with the improvements we did than some of our competitors which are already 64 bits cocoa, believe me.

We are doing our changes, step by step, following our plans and we are going really fine.

Lets see

Thanks a lot

Tom

I respect the process and hard work you all are putting into v9.

Also remember... some of us deeply rely on EI for our livings... Im not ready to jump ship yet for a number of reasons... but an occasional update

will help greatly in my business planning...

thanks...

Scott

ditto...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...