its been over 2 months now UPDATE the EI 9 Progress please

Guest supernova

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I've been anxiously waiting for some kind of feedback for some time as well. Other than a code swap to update EI codebase, new camera with multiprocessor support, 64 bit compatible, updated modeler import, MDD implementations, faster rendering. My thinking is that an updated codebase may need updated plugins across the product line to take advantage of MP in mac/win environments.

If my assumptions are correct as well as some facts that you have pointed out I'd like to hear at least a yes this is part of the new build. At least this is what I envision as user who understands part of the hard work you guys are transitioning through and I appreciate it.

The last question we used to have a wish list in the old EI for improved animation tools, texturing and it was a lengthy list. Then there were the plugins you guys developed. As a simple yes or no, are there more additions than the ones we are all partially aware of?

Your honesty in regards to an announcement by the end of this month about a launch is what I will be more attentive to. This will prove to me at least what kind of customer service your team will provide to its user base. I'm sure Phungus who has been keeping track shares my sentiment.

Keep running just let me know when you're flying. Thanks and best of luck!

Ola Gigayoda,

“I've been anxiously waiting for some kind of feedback for some time as well. Other than a code swap to update EI codebase, new camera with multiprocessor support, 64 bit compatible, updated modeler import, MDD implementations, faster rendering. My thinking is that an updated codebase may need updated plugins across the product line to take advantage of MP in mac/win environments.”

The actual tools will run with our new 32/64 bits architecture, but the developers can create new builds to take more advantage of the 64 bits architecture, all shaders and plug-ins packed in the release are already 64 bits now.

“If my assumptions are correct as well as some facts that you have pointed out I'd like to hear at least a yes this is part of the new build. At least this is what I envision as user who understands part of the hard work you guys are transitioning through and I appreciate it.”

I really would like to show everything in the release day :)

“The last question we used to have a wish list in the old EI for improved animation tools, texturing and it was a lengthy list. Then there were the plugins you guys developed. As a simple yes or no, are there more additions than the ones we are all partially aware of?”

We know pretty well the users wishes, dont forget, Im a 24 hours a day user :)

“Your honesty in regards to an announcement by the end of this month about a launch is what I will be more attentive to. This will prove to me at least what kind of customer service your team will provide to its user base. I'm sure Phungus who has been keeping track shares my sentiment.”

We are paying attention in the details, its really important for us to have a really well done release, its our first step.

“Keep running just let me know when you're flying. Thanks and best of luck!”

We love EIAS and we want to show How.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Ola Gigayoda,

My thinking is that an updated codebase may need updated plugins across the product line to take advantage of MP in mac/win environments.â€

The actual tools will run with our new 32/64 bits architecture, but the developers can create new builds to take more advantage of the 64 bits architecture, all shaders and plug-ins packed in the release are already 64 bits now.

Please be clear here as this is a deal breaker for me - Will current plugins and shaders work in V9? Most shader/plugin developers are long gone so there will be no updates made to them.

DaveW

Ola Dave,

Please be clear here as this is a deal breaker for me - Will current plugins and shaders work in V9? Most shader/plugin developers are long gone so there will be no updates made to them.

Im running all current tools from EIAS 8 and our EIAS 9 packed plug-ins and Shaders.

Please, remember, we support Konkeptoine tools.

Thanks

Tom

Ola Dave,

Im running all current tools from EIAS 8 and our EIAS 9 packed plug-ins and Shaders.

Please, remember, we support Konkeptoine tools.

Thanks

Tom

does Dante work in Renderama?

bw

I hope you release the new version really soon. I've just gone through FIVE re-renders because of Renderama systematically crashing upon reaching the last volley of frames, if not failing to fully stitch them, etc. Of course, yesterday at the very least it remembered where things were after the crash and managed to finish the last tasks after relaunching. Today it won't, no rhyme no reason, no matter the usual slave folder voodoo.

Oh, look, now the sixth one went without a hitch, what's the deal? I've got an SSD'd hexacore Mac Pro, and all gains in speed are offset by the constant losses in re-render times. I simply can't risk letting this beast of a machine doing renders overnight: the fastest the task (say, rendering a few grayscale masks) the bigger the risk of a crash, it looks like. My trusty Mac Pro 2006 at home seems to prove that slower is better Renderama-wise.

This is not a bug report. You've got quite a lot of those already, Having into account that you don't seem to be addressing them at all, we need something far, far better than a "real soon now" and a somewhat smug smile.

I must launch an occlusion pass now. Will it work?

Ola Juanxer,

Only a detail, Joe already was having some of your problems with Rama, which I already answered:

http://www.eias3d.co...ch__1#entry4087

Thanks

Tom

This is not problem with Renderama. There is a 2GB limit, but when RM reaches the limit it suspends the stitching and moves onto the next job. It does not crash. It's a bit of a work around, but it's easy enough to open the sequence of frames in QuickTime player and export a .mov.

The problem is RM crashing, because it won't move on to the next job. From my experience, RM will crash nearly every time when it is rendering frames very quickly, like a few seconds per frame or less. When completing a job where the frames render very quickly RM will get to the very end (>90%) and sit even though all the frames have been rendered. It will not begin stitching. Sometimes it will move on to the next job but eventually it will crash and nothing else gets rendered.

If you reopen RM the jobs will be at 100% (or close) but not stitched. Hit "Go" and it will begin to stitch or render that last few frames if necessary. The rendered files are usually fine and error free.

On jobs where the frames take longer to render it seems to work fine.

brian

• 3 weeks later...
This will prove to me at least what kind of customer service your team will provide to its user base. I'm sure Phungus who has been keeping track shares my sentiment.

Well, I´ve never been a fan of the "Silence" modus operandi they are running and for obvious reasons.

I occationally stumble upon these "Has anyone heard of this EIAS software?" threads and shure, I could always promote EIAS, but being out of the loop I just don`t know what to say.

"It`s has been around for a long time....but hey, it`s STILL being developed!!" probably does more damage than good. So I just keep my mouth shut and move on.

Also, since they haven`t set any real deadline.... outside the company, that is.... they haven`t actually committed to anything. Which makes it easy to take a few extra days or another week to polish this or that. Who is to know, right? Judging by the last few months that would be my guess as to what has been going on.

And just to keep track of things. It is 7 MONTHS since the announced feature freeze?? Yet another month has passed since the post I´m replying to. Tomas has now been running for 3 months :wacko: AND I predict that February will pass without v9 seeing the light of day. WHY? Simply because TWO of the competitiors is scheduled for a release this month. Lightwave, January release, Newtek running a similar "Silence" M.O. has blown YET another deadline (no surpise there).....and Modo. So letting them steal whatever little thunder EIAS might muster would be a waste.

Just my 2 cents.

I would also like to know a "ballpark" of when EIAS 9 might get released. Even if the estimated release isn't for another six months, it would be nice to know (I'd rather be given a conservative estimate and get surprised if it somehow gets finished early, than to get an early estimated date that ends up slipping). I'm not going to jump ship on EIAS. The software has served me well since the earliest days when the software cost many thousands of dollars -- and it serves me well today. As long as my hardware will still run the software, I'll continue to use it.

Still... the new version is very exciting, and I, like many, would simply like a general idea of when it might get released. If not, I'd sure be happy to see "test" images from the new software (I always appreciate seeing other people's beautiful work -- it gives me something to shoot towards in my own work).

Ola Phungus and David,

I really understand your both feelings, EIAS 9 is our first upgrade, tons of details and we want to do our first step really well done, to explain clearly whats going on, we decided in the last minute do a optimization which we feel really necessary to all EIAS users, its not easy and we are working a lot to deliver it, its not finished yet, after that, the beta team will attack it and see if everything is going fine, see if we still have some bug to squash and we will be ready, I cant point exactly the time to finish right now.

Phungus, as you pointed correctly, We don't like the procedure to promise a release date, e.g. Newtek and see the user base frustrated with several delays.

Release EIAS 9 before LW and Modo is interesting, but right now, in our first upgrade, we are a lot more interested seeing EIAS users happier, and then, step by step, rebuilding our brand to the 3d market.

We are remembering your wishes all the time, believe me.

Thanks

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Ola Phungus,

I already read it, I really would love to had released EIAS first, but we dont want to release a premature build, which can have serious problems.

Example, Autodesk release Maya 2012 and tons of Hot fixes after, Maya users are totally irritated with this procedure.

Since, Its our first upgrade, we want to do correctly and do everything possible for the next releases to have shorter development time.

I really hope you can understand us.

Thanks

Tom