TripleDTools

Tomas Egger

TripleDTools, Inc., long time developer of third party plugins and shaders for EIAS, has decided to close down the company. Support of PowerParticlesPro, aFraktal, and aEdge will continue through Friday, December 3, 2010. TripleDTools thanks all the loyal users of their products over the past 12 years. "It's been a pleasure serving you and we wish only the best for EIAS and it's user base in all future endeavors.”

EIAS3D team wishes the best luck to all our friends in TripleDTools!!!!

Thanks

Tom

Guest supernova

not good... I hope EI has thought about all these possibilities

as it tries to build a viable hi end 3d app in this creative environment.

I wish Tomas and all... the best and will support them when and where I can... keep up the hard work guys....

sincerely

SuperNova Animation and Visual Effects

Scott Novasic

Ola my friends,

EIAS 9 will run EIAS 8 shaders/plug-ins, but special 64 bits versions of the tools will take more advantage of camera when it is in the 64 bit mode using all machine's ram. (you can choose 32 or 64 mode).

We are always paying attention in EIAS current tools available and choosing our next steps. ;)

Thanks

Tom

Well this isn't good news at all as I was going to upgrade my copy of power particles pro to universal binary.

Now I don't know what to do .

Also the question:

What is the future of particles in EIAS?

It's obviously got to be beefed up.

Integrate powerparticles pro?

Maybe Northernlights should offer an upgrade type price to PP users to Dante 3?

Assuming they're still around.

I certainly understand why Triple D has to make this decision, with the user base of EIAS it has to be more work than it's worth. But, it's hard to figure out why the plug-ins and shaders have to die. Why can't EIAS take over support / ownership of the Triple D products? It seemed to work with Konkeptoine, the support has been better than ever since EIAS took over.

I would think any scenario where users are using, buying and upgrading would better than just than just throwing them away.

brian

“TripleDTools, Inc., have decided that existing users can update PPPro, aFraktal, and aEdge from now until Dec 3, 2010, by sending an email to support@tripledtools.com with their dongle number. If they qualify for an update (already own the product) we will send them an update at no charge.

If a new user wants a copy of our tools, they are now offered at 50% off the regular price. Please place an order on the www.tripledtools.com web site by Friday, Dec 3, 2010. The web site closes down on Dec 4, 2010.”

Thanks

Tom

Hello all,

anyone know if PPP will may be used in EIAS version 9 and if it will works to render in render farm?

Just to see if PPP is worth buying before it disappeared on December 3 2010.

My copy of Dante is completely unusable in EIAS8, (no works in render farm)

Cheers

Diego

What a deal! At these prices you have to take a look at some of their stuff.

I'm glad I got the upgrade to power particles for free.

It's a great little system.

The dough I saved I can use for afraktal or aedge.

Not sure which though.

I think AFrakal would add a lot of power to the shading system in electricimage.

Has anyone used it and are there any future problems with eias 9?

I'm still here. I just don't have a whole lot of time to work on plugin stuff. We did find some sort of problem with Dante and long renders (running out of memory) which never happened in earlier versions of Camera. I still need to look into it because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In general though, when talking about plugin problems, it's not enough to say there's a problem or even post a project because quite often the project isn't stripped down to bare essentials. And bare essentials could mean one or two particles and no other plugins or shaders. In addition, most plugins haven't been changed in a long time but EI has so we also need to verify that it's a plugin problem and not an EI problem. That can mean trying the same test in earlier versions of EI to see if it was still a problem in say EI version 6.5.

Any news on Northern Lights? Blair, you're kind of the Last Man Standing.