What I would like in EIAS3D

vgd

Hi Tom I'd like an I pad control app that allows you to control things with gestures and also control from midi keyboard and control surfaces which all you to control animation parameters by set ranges of control for parameters and using midi note commands and velocity values to control speed of parameters being triggered and how long you hold a key how long something keeps changing and even allow you hit keys to trigger animation envelops . Hows that one!!!

Mark

Oh and also a motion capture system like arena based on iphones as cameras hooked up as many as needed on wireless network.

You can dream .

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tom I'd like an I pad control app that allows you to control things with gestures and also control from midi keyboard and control surfaces which all you to control animation parameters by set ranges of control for parameters and using midi note commands and velocity values to control speed of parameters being triggered and how long you hold a key how long something keeps changing and even allow you hit keys to trigger animation envelops . Hows that one!!!

Mark

Oh and also a motion capture system like arena based on iphones as cameras hooked up as many as needed on wireless network.

You can dream .

Better material preview and handling.

Maybe it's just me. My models are mostly done in solid thinking and converted via STEP in Shark FX to fact. When I assign a shader (wood for example) I could not see in the materials window where the structure is. It a try and error way which would be much more comfortable if I could see direction and size of the shader directly on the model.

By the way some sort of the old steamroller-plugin or a body paint similar solution for materials placing would be really luxurious :)

regards

Frankg

Better material preview and handling.

Maybe it's just me. My models are mostly done in solid thinking and converted via STEP in Shark FX to fact. When I assign a shader (wood for example) I could not see in the materials window where the structure is. It a try and error way which would be much more comfortable if I could see direction and size of the shader directly on the model.

By the way some sort of the old steamroller-plugin or a body paint similar solution for materials placing would be really luxurious :)

regards

Frankg

- Live Web Material Database directly into EIAS

- Viewing project by node inspector

- Powerful integrated UV editor

- Paint environment

- Ability to use an arbitrary number of repetition and mirror of the texture over one or more selected polygons

- Info object with on/off flag for dynamic properties (cloth body, rigid body, mass, friction, ecc...)

- Live Web Material Database directly into EIAS

- Viewing project by node inspector

- Powerful integrated UV editor

- Paint environment

- Ability to use an arbitrary number of repetition and mirror of the texture over one or more selected polygons

- Info object with on/off flag for dynamic properties (cloth body, rigid body, mass, friction, ecc...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EIM (would love this)

Sub-D at render time ( I dont think this should be a plugin)

Better partical system Cebas has some really cool stuff used pyrocluster fro truespace years ago loved it

Snap to polygon so you can attached things to objects.

Instaceing should help render speeds

Better material editor it does seem dated now.

being able to set morph targets in the single fact file. Like lightwave does with endomorphs (would need a modler to support it though

Having layers in EIA

Partical hair (wishful thinking I know)

Being able to view displacement maps in ogl preview

Update eia ui (not change it) just better images sharper text and 3d maiputors

Bullet physics engine.

With the modler I would spend and extra £500 ez for it would love to have it made by the same people that do my animation software. That's my brain fart for tonight work has been dull atm

EIM (would love this)

Sub-D at render time ( I dont think this should be a plugin)

Better partical system Cebas has some really cool stuff used pyrocluster fro truespace years ago loved it

Snap to polygon so you can attached things to objects.

Instaceing should help render speeds

Better material editor it does seem dated now.

being able to set morph targets in the single fact file. Like lightwave does with endomorphs (would need a modler to support it though

Having layers in EIA

Partical hair (wishful thinking I know)

Being able to view displacement maps in ogl preview

Update eia ui (not change it) just better images sharper text and 3d maiputors

Bullet physics engine.

With the modler I would spend and extra £500 ez for it would love to have it made by the same people that do my animation software. That's my brain fart for tonight work has been dull atm