Limitations of the trial version of EIAS?

Students of the Leningrad University in Russia had contacted me because they're doing a adaptation of a science-fiction novel from a well known Russian writer.

They are on a thight budget for their project and they «borrowed» an auto-gyro Calidus like mine from a russian owner because it look like futuristic enough technology and could be used to do some ground scenes. They learned about my 3D model that I've modeled from Rhino 3D and rendered in EIAS for some painting tests and they ask me if they can use it for some 3D space scenes.

I'm glad to share it with them if it can help, but since all texturing and lighting was done in EIAS, the Rhino file will only give them geometry. If they download the trial version of EIAS, will they be able to use my EIAS scenes (involving no plug-ins)? And what are the limitations of the trial version (other than the no plug-ins part) like limits in term of resolution or duration length for animations? Watermarking?

Will I be able to open their tweaked files with my dongle protected version of EIAS if they need rendering horsepower or plug-ins add-on?

This is clearly on a basic non-commercial purpose. No one is being paid for their contribution to this students project.

Thanks,

Maher

• Like 6

Hi Maher, sorry to enter your thread - hope that Tom will jump in and answer your question.

My point:

This is why i really love the abilities of the internet and the global communication!

Maher from Quebec is talking/working to/with students from Leningrad and they

talk about a software which is in the hands of Tomas from Brazil and the Igors

from the Ukraine. Me from Germany is commenting this international thread.

Hope that Michael from Australia walks in and can say something here.

Only Africa is a little behind - sadly.

I love it!

Alex

Well, how do you think I know you got your superpowers from another galaxy?

And who do you think helped building the pyramids?

Now mayor Coderre is asking us to put a real roof on the Montreal's olympic stadium...

• 2 years later...