Peavey Wolfgang guitar model

Reuben.F

Hi folks.

Here's a model i've been working on and off for the past few years and is almost finished, here are a few render tests for materials and mesh.

8595456413_5c41e84bbe_c.jpg

8596558428_67d6d12d8a_c.jpg

8595456157_a94927e8f3_c.jpg

You can view full size images in my photostream, spot the mistake on the strings ;)

I can almost hear it...

Beautiful instrument. I fiddle around with a little harmonica but I don't feel the urge to model it...

Maybe I should learn to play guitar, waaaay more cool!

Do it Richard :shy:

I have some final renders here....

8610326347_7e2dcccae9_c.jpg

8610326345_7f9cb97d02_c.jpg

8610326613_700e3ea9ab_c.jpg

8610327147_2f69f90997_c.jpg

There are some more in the photostream.

A few things... i wanted to add some dirt to the fingerboard but perhaps went slightly overboard with that, doesn't show too bad on all shots, but they are unfinished maple boards which stain with dirt quite easy so its not so unrealistic, my own real one looks the same until having a good clean.

The dirt map on the fingerboard was bleeding over the sides even with z-negative turned off, not sure if a bug... but again, not really an issue.

I did struggle with finding or creating a good bump map for the lower heavy strings, it looks ok at distance but not for close-up shots.

I decided not to alter the lighting, one area light and one radial, i used the mforge shader for all metals plus some carefully selected HDR reflection maps, everything else uses texture maps apart from the tuning knobs.. NX shader.

Any thoughts ? Comments or questions ?