Apple - Big Sur, Metal and Silicon

Paul P

Ola Tomas and all EIAS users. Hope all is well with you in these crazy, mixed up times. 

For us Mac users, Apple has some big changes in store - dropping OpenGL for Metal, Mac OS Big Sur, and of course, the Apple Silicon processors which will be used in all Macs in the future.

I'm just wondering how EIAS is placed to handle these changes ?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tom,

I have attempted to load a recently downloaded copy of EIAS v9.1 to a Mac Mini (late 2014) running MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave with dongle, dongle software installed and my most recent unlock code.

After clicking the Animator.app I get to the EIAS v9.1 startup screen and see the warning:

Cannot allocate needed 3D Icon

"lconBody_Camera" from El Resource

folder.

(There is a file named lconBody_Camera in the EI Resources folder within the the EIAS 9.1 folder.)

Clicking OK brings:

Assertion failed on line 24 of file Dbg_lnitCounter.cpp:

Failed to call Dbg_lnitCounter::ShouldCleanUp() enough

times to balance Dbg_lnitCounter::Shouldlnit().

The Abort option aborts and the Debugger option leads to a crash.

I have screen shots of the steps and a text file of the crash report if needed.

I would appreciate your input.

Michael Morris

Mac Mini (late 2014)

model: MGEM2LL/A

1.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

500GB HDD

(When get things working I will find a more capable Mac that I can dedicate to Mojave and EIAS v9.1)

Ola Michael!
Please, just send me an email: tom@eias3d.com
Install Teamviewer.com, simply open the app interface and send me the ID and Password.
I will remotely control your mac and fix this and solve it fast.
This problem was recently introduce by Apple with a new security system which block several apps.

Thanks

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom. Things have been crazy the past year, I know. But, my EIAS9 has been rendered useless because of the MAC OS upgrade, and that was last year. Not trying to be difficult, but I have had EI since its inception in the early 90's. Also had reel motion and artifex. Now, like them, it sits, and I can't do anything. Is there a tangible date when it will be done? Myself, and a lot of other people have been waiting patiently for, literally, years. Not trying to be ugly by any means, I am not a software developer, but my investment in EI is earning no dividends, nor for anyone in my same position. Not sure I'm willing to wait any longer. Would love to hear your thoughts, as would many others. Thanks Tom.

• Like 1