Repeating texture question

thingmaker

Hello, I have a question about texturing in EI. If I have several objects that are close together and all using the same master material, the repeating pattern is obvious. In another 3D program I would add a random function to the texture X, Y or size or something but I can't figure out how to do this in EI.

It would seem that applying a random function in the cell in the frame mode of the Project window would be the place but I can't get it to work. 

What technique do other people use to avoid this repeating pattern issue? Thanks. -Derryl

I would grow my texture maps first and at the same time make it tileable.  I have a program made by Modo for this but they do not sell it anymore unfortunately. Maybe there is a way to do that in Photoshop. 

If possible, could it be replicated by using a shader?  They don't seam.

Steven, thanks I am able to make the seamless textures without issue. The problem is when having 2 different objects near each other that are using the same master material. Perhaps the the blueish stones in the attachment will illustrate better what I am trying to say. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31924077/140330-BrickTube.png

When this sort of thing occurs I will go back into my modeling program and "join" the pieces together.  I have been able to join pieces even if they are not touching each other in FormZ.  A little easier to manage in EI as well.

Or you might be able to adjust the maps one at a time in EI even though they are using a master material.

Hiya

You could try the 'Make UV' plugin? Parents all your groups and add the plug to the parent, you'll still see the repeats but their position on each brick should be different if you play around with it. The plug use to be on the download page - I can't remember if it's part of the install now.

ta

nige.