Scaling key-frames over time

Buggsy

Hi,

I can't seem to get 'scaling key-frames over time' to work. I have looked in Animators manual but the key commands don't seem to work, unless I'm not doing it right, which is highly likely?

Anyone know how to make this work (I'm using a Mac). I'm trying to slow down a complex animation and will go crazy if I have to do it manually.

Michael

Hi Michael,

you can scale with pre-select range of frames with control drag (I'm using PC) on the timeline, than control drag the last keyframe to scale the whole selected keyframes.

check this video

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6687586/EIAS/ForumShare/ScaleKeyframe.mp4

I'm still using EI8, and there is some glitch when scaling keyframes, please check the video, maybe this is already fix in EI9.

Loon

Proper scaling of key frames in the project window is a long standing feature request. The existing methods seem somewhat iffy, they often don't work properly, the correct sequence is difficult to remember and apply, etc. Using the Offset Editor seems to be the best, current method.

Hopefully future releases will address this simple need. It would be nice to Marque select your key frames, tap the "S" key (for scaling) and then click and drag to have the end of the timeline nearest the cursor scale towards or away from the other (anchor) side.

The sequence in the video is:

Select the time slider with command down.

slide it across the top to select the time bar at the top.

The again with command down select all the frames and move them back to speed up the motion.

That seems to work in a simple test I did.

But what if you want to increase the time scale or speed up the motion?

that does not seem to work.

It just bunches them up