2 Worlds?

Brian

We did try merging the project into a new scene earler today but it added the second world into the new scene.

The process was...

1) Imported multiple obj files

2) Textured and so on

3) then needed lower res model and imported that as FBX. We believe that's when the file had an extra world added.

I tried to duplicate the problem about 10 times and could not. What I ended up doing was exporting each model as a parked FACT, exported the cameras as a parked FACT as well, re-lit the scene by coping the information from the other scene. I just didn't want to risk having problems down the road with 2 worlds, universes, levels or anything like that :shy:

32 worlds, wow, ha.

If it is the same as before - it isn't really a problem other than the inconvenience. Only one world (the original world) will have any effect in the scene. The problem is you can't hide or nest into a folder the bogus world objects. They just sit at the top the project window taking up space. I would give the real world a label to tell which one it is.

bw

• 2 months later...

This just happened to me today.

I did nothing to cause it.

Quit out of the project as usual, came back to it 2 hours later and opened it and there was 2 worlds!

It does have an effect BTW. 2 suns, 2 lighting spheres, two raytrace reflection/refraction maps makes for big problems! You can't turn one off either as they seem to be linked together somehow.

It is also a big problem when you have to export a lot of models into a new project and start again.

I can't reproduce it, it just happens for no apparent reason.

Hi Tomas,

I can't delete the duplicated, they select together. I select 1 world or any duplicated group and it auto selects the other.

All I can do is duplicate the selection (which selects both of them at the same time) then it produces only one copy and then delete the two "old" ones.

I'll try what you suggest as well, it will take time as my project also has lots of proxies.

I will get back to you about this as I understand you need to find the bug.

Thanks again,