Proxy question

Hello, I have a complex model that will not render (out of memory) if I use more than 2 copies of it. The reason it is running out of memory is because I am using Placer Deposit which is not 64bit yet. 

I am wondering if I were to use Proxy to create the additional instances of the model, would that lower the memory required when it goes to Camera?  If not does anyone know of another workflow workaround? Thanks. -Derryl

Hi all,

a trick i had to use since eias 9 

is to make a project copy in eias 8, export de placer deposit result in parked fact object,

and reimport the fact in eias 9

this way eias can render in 64 bit. It does not have to play with millions of object so the interface is faster too.

with very big images, rendering whit a lot of frame strip helped to (64, 124)

IT WORK WELL FOR GRASS  i have used it for the slum buildings too.

the bad part is that we loose all the animatable features of placer.

TOM, is the 64 bit plugin available for all users? would it be ok if i send a request to Blair for psunami to ?

thanks

Thanks architruc. That's a good idea. I tried this and I had many scale/alignment issues (fixed by unchecking Deformations and Transformations) but the biggest problems were that the master materials don't come in with the exported fact and I am only getting 1/10 of the Placer Deposit objects.

Hopefully I will hear back from Blair at Northernlights3D.

130726a-BeeBodyD.jpg