EIAS Plugin/Shader update status

Hello, I read a post earlier where someone had asked if there was a list of what plugins and shaders have been updated. I thought that would be great as well. So I made one. 

Online EIAS Plugin and Shader status

I am still updating this list and I can only test the ones that I own to see if they work in EI9 (As you can see there are quite a few overall..)

I don't mind keeping this updated.  It would be tremendously helpful if people could send me an update on the plugins/shaders that you have and know that work (or know which don't work) in EI9. Or in the unlikely event of someone finding an error in my list..  :shy:  -Derryl

Hi Derryl, good idea i was thinking about this....

Would it be possible to add working MAC/WIN and which EIAS version to the form though ?

Some i have tested no v9 32 bit

Big Dipper 3.0 WIN Working - Mac ???
Blaster 1.5 WIN Working - Mac ???
Braider 1.0 WIN working Mac ???

Also, non of TripleD shaders are working on WIN that i know of.

Placer Deposit works in version 9 (32 bit) but only if you set the Instance Mode to Type 2.

Dante works in 9 (32 bit) but only if "Preview Objects Particles as Bounding Boxes" is checked

Dante does not work with Renderama

thanks for doing this - great idea!

brian

Ola Derryl!

We thought earlier to provide a list, but since we are still working on updates, without a correct date to deliver our supported tools, we were waiting a better time next to our last updates.

Since you did a generous post, I would like to provide you some info for a update:

RTS Shader was discontinued since its built in EIAS.

Volumeter Shader was discontinued since its built in EIAS.

Dew Shader now is part of the new Blobmaker 3.0, Dew and Blobmaker users can request a free upgrade.

Colorphium Shader was discontinued since its built in EIAS.

Occlusion Shader was discontinued since its built in EIAS.

Thanks

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the chart to show whether the plug-in is Mac or PC (thanks Reuben) and whether if works with 7, 8 & 9.

- Can anyone else confirm that none of the TripleD shaders work in v9 on the PC? I am only Mac and mine work. 

- If you can confirm that a plug-in or shader works please also let me know if it is Mac or PC as well. 

I can also be emailed at dr (at) 4dmaze (dot) com. Thanks. -Derryl

I have updated the chart to show whether the plug-in is Mac or PC (thanks Reuben) and whether if works with 7, 8 & 9.

- Can anyone else confirm that none of the TripleD shaders work in v9 on the PC? I am only Mac and mine work. 

Nice one.

I'd heard that the Tripled shaders still worked on the mac, i looked through my old files trying to find the mac versions but nowhere to be seen... they but have been sold as mac or pc separate :dodgy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Ola!

As soon we have a bit of time, right now, we are working in the next features... !

Thanks

Tom

I'm sure there are other things to consider beyond what I need need, but these plug-ins are critical. There is almost nothing I do without a plug-in or shader. I am constantly switching between between 32 & 64 bit Camera. I have project now that will only render in 64 bit, but because I'm am using a 32-bit plug-in with 64 bit Camera it increases the render time by 5x. If I try to use 32 bit Camera it runs out of memory.

All in favor of the next version of EIAS. but I think would rather have the working plug-ins and shaders first. EIAS is 9.1 is awesome, but I don't think I am getting everything out of it because the plug-ins and shaders either don't work or are painfully slow.

brian

I wish - Tailor is completely broken... doesn't work at all in 64bit or 32 bit Camera. The project uses Mrs.Bebel and it works in 32bit, but I have to reduce quality the source and the segments in the extrusion (so it will work in 32-bit) to the point where the model looks faceted when rendered in HD. I can increase the quality of the model and it will render in 64bit but it's really slow. Also using NX a lot, only works in 32bit.

I know these are NL plugs, but the same thing happens with Placer, Dante, Contortionist.

bw

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

hm, is Scratches 1.0 not 64bit safe? I tried for a long time this plug again, but every time camera64 crashes...

When using camera in 32bit mode, the rendering took too long, way too long!

In other words: how can i get the look of brushed metal for a dial of a watch? The look has

a name: sunburst.

Here is a example how it has to look: 001jp78.jpg

Greetings

Alex