New artwork!

RichardJoly

I'm a bad boy, I fooled you... Title should read "New Artwork needed!"

If you are here, it's probably because you like looking at images from you peers, check out their techniques, compare the results with your own or simply admire the work.

Well, how about sharing some of your work? I'm certain many of you made images or animations recently and everyone would love to see it.

If you posted on Vimeo, why not put a still in here with a link so we what's new.

Thanks for sharing!

It's winter-coming-onto-spring here in Sydney, and I've been hunkered down, slaving away over a hot computer :blush:

I sent this link to Tomas for the EIAS website gallery, but here it is again:

http://vimeo.com/44426114

plus I've just added this demo reel covering behind the scenes on the same project:

http://vimeo.com/46992136

David

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Richard you are bad , David thanks for sharing! I for one didn't turn on my computer for about a month and haven't been as much into 3d for about a year , no real reason why, just burned out on computers maybe. Just been practicing my keyboards , drums and guitar playing , have to make effort to get back into 3d. Hope new EIAS 9 gets me going .

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

MiMA Logo Animation

This logo was created for the Munich Institute of Media and Musical Arts, MIMA.

The MIMA is a new art school in Munich with a radically new concept.

Writing, Pop-Music and MediaArts are the first programs of study which start in 2013.

The logo is not designed as a 2D graphic like a common Print-Logo, but from the beginning as a moving transparent 3D-Form. This represents one aspect of the MIMA, MediaArts. The colors are unique, no base colors, to show and point out the extraordinartity of the MIMA concept. Mixed together they build a perfect grey-tone which represents the balance of the different studies and influences which form the MIMA.

The transparency and moving poinit of view creates constantly new forms and colors by layering the characters.

This represents the possibilities in a study which is open in every aspect and can be mixed at any stage.

I decided to create a logo which is open in the way of animation and graphical representation. The effect of the layered typo and the typo itself are the only fixed parts of the Logo. Even radically different solutions are possible and highly recommended.

http://mima-university.de