Architectural Animation - Apartment 42

Buggsy

Very real looking Mike. Might want to do a test by increasing the light power coming from the window next to the big painting since it looks like midday.

Yes I'm not happy with the contrast in my images. I have experimented with reducing gamma and adding some area lights with no shadows to improve contrast. It's working extremely well at the moment and even faster rendering times. 30mins with 470,000 polygons. I'll post another update tomorrow. I haven't imported the quicktime to Final Cut Express at the moment so no colour correction. I just want to get the shots right first then put it all together.

Michael

Hi Tom,

I don't want to appear to mislead you with the comments about using area lights with no shadows. I sometimes find that I need more light in a scene than the area light is giving me but I don't want the added hit of the shadow that comes along with it. So I add another area light with an Intensity of say .1 which adds the subtle amount of light I need without much additional rendering time. It reminds me of the EI user that won the EI user forum CG Society challenge "Phoenix". I can't remember his name but his rendering times were in the seconds from memory and I just remember that he used very few shadows if any. I'd like to see his winning entry again and have him share some tips with us how he achieved his image.

Michael

...It reminds me of the EI user that won the EI user forum CG Society challenge "Phoenix". I can't remember his name but his rendering times were in the seconds from memory and I just remember that he used very few shadows if any. I'd like to see his winning entry again and have him share some tips with us how he achieved his image.

Michael

The winning entry was by Tim Shedelbower.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=337843