Mask object only?

FelixCat

How can i make a mask object only?

I completely forgot how to do it... i´m geting old:-/

In my classroom project i need to turn almost all the objects in the room as mask objects because i am adding people in the front of the class (at the bottom of the scene) and i need to cut the objects allready rendered that moust be in front of them.

BTW. How can i do to turn a huge amount of objects at once?

Thanks in advance.

FelixCat

To turn on/off large numbers of items you will need to have your project window organized so that you can use the option click on the on/off check mark (the first box in front of each item). This controls the object and everything below it in the project window.

It sounds like you might just turn off the objects in front of the people to get your desired results. If you are doing a still, you might want to render a photoshop layered file so that you have some more control of items.

Hi FelixCat,

Just adjust the material for the object or objects you want as mask objects in the diffuse tab. Slide Opaque to Transparent (Mask 1.0) and you got it. I'd say make a huge selection set, make a master material with Mask set to 1.0 and assign that master material to all the objects using the selection set. (huge amount of objects at once).

Jake