Messiah Dare to Share Challenge deal

splitpoint

Messiah has been mentioned a couple of times on the CGSociety EIAS forums in the past. It looks like PMG is trying to run a viral campaign, you can get Messiah Studio for $40 if they meet their goal. Messiah supports FBX, MDD and BVH so it might make a useful addition to EIAS for character animation.

Here's the link:

http://projectmessiah.com/x6/shop.html

I saw it too, in SILO forum.

Surprise! they have a MAC version. I loose interest when was only Windows and no sign to doing a MAC version. I think it´s time to pay a new look to it.

US$ 40 it´s not a big deal and, if the viral campaign doesn´t work, US$ 599 for the Pro version is not bad at all.

FelixCat

I doubt it. Either you get a piece of software that is worth alot more than 10 or 40 bucks, or they´ll refund your money if their goal isn´t reached. Not much of a risk there.

I find it quite clever from a marketing POV. A lot of buzz about Messiah, x amount of licences sold if they reach their goal. And people are more likely to upgrade (when that happens) than making a first time purchase....

It's worth a shot.The more programs you have the better.

You'll end up using all of them.

Maybe they need a quick shot of cash.

I can't figure out whether to go cheap or blow 40 bucks.

But don't forget, Electricimage will get there.

It's the one I use the most because it's fast and powerful.

I'm sure they're working on improving the character animation.

It's not like Messiah is miles and miles ahead.

Other thing is, it's intel only on mac, for those who might have older machines.

I notice maya and others have put their prices way up which is a mistake.

You can't do that anymore in my opinion. Studios will stick with the versions they have and save money at this point.

I did $40. I don't know why. Their portfolio is outdated and I haven't heard anyone confirm testing exporting animation to EIAS. In any case since I use Modo I saw a good write-up and video on how they play nice with each other.

I was surprised since I posted a question about toon animation and some guys in the past that I've liked had used Messiah as an animation pipeline. More learning curve. Arg.

looks like 75% in source view now.