Good rigging tutorial

apu

Look at this video:

I think that EI users need a really good riiging tutorial, becouse I don't know if some of the things that the animator is able to do with this character are achie¡vable with EIAS tools, like when he puts the hand of the character push the head and then the head moves with the hand with just a single click, etc... Take a look, it's pretty cool.

Look at this video:

I think that EI users need a really good riiging tutorial, becouse I don't know if some of the things that the animator is able to do with this character are achie¡vable with EIAS tools, like when he puts the hand of the character push the head and then the head moves with the hand with just a single click, etc... Take a look, it's pretty cool.

From someone who spends alot of time trying to make simple objects move in complicated ways I would have to agree.

With the death of various old websites there is almost no current rig stuff out there for Animator. Luckily I managed to download quite a bit of what was available. Also, notably 3DNY took my money and sent nothing before it closed its doors - anyone here involved in that, shame on you.

I kind of thought, perhaps wrongly, that everything was going into the render and that Animator was becoming part of the pipeline to camera from other animation apps, or that the focus was on stills from hard body objects like architecture. Animation tools in Animator are beautiful to use but have been relatively static for a while.

I don't want to start a conversation along the lines of if you don't do this I'm leaving because that's just a good way to embarrass yourself, but it is worth noting that modern rigging doesn't really happen without a well documented scripting language and or node based control. Without the ability to set up arbitrary links between objects you can't really set up a modern rig interface.

I got hold of some training stuff from Alonzo - excellent. Made a lot of stuff click into place, particularly using XP to build quick rig interfaces.

At the risk of completely hijacking this thread and being stoned out of the forum, I think that your pricing model is upside down. It is worth noting that at whatever price you set your software I'm going to grumble about it. Why, because I want everything better, brighter, cheaper and I want it like yesterday, oh and it needs to help save the planet as well. It is worth noting however, that I handed over about 90 bucks to Alonzo without blinking and regarded the cdr I got in return as very good value. Why, because like most people I view purchasing things that help me learn very differently from purchasing things.

I'm not suggesting that you set up Animator Foundation, but personally I would drastically reduce the software prices and start generating a lot of paid for educational materials, shader presets, base models, ready rigs and lots more.

Anyway apologies for hijacking. At the end of the day software isn't religion ... it is er ... more important than that ... er sorry ... might have that the wrong way round !

Genuinely interested to hear your opinion ...

One last thing. I do actually live in the kind of UK village that US films like to portray where the elves bring packets of information every other Thursday if you bribe them with magic gingerbread. So, streaming video of any kind as an educational tool feels like asking your pet goldfish for help with algebra homework. Please can we just have some downloadable quicktime vids as well.

Regards, Rob.

hey what was that ... did one of you throw something ...

Many good points here Rob.

I'm sure the owners are well aware of other products pricing and what they offer for the money. Changing EIAS price vs today's market value is certainly one of their big preoccupation. Bring enough money in to keep development going while getting the user base happy is not an easy task.

I hope other users will voice themselves with positive suggestions like yours. Everyone likes free stuff… But asking a little money for educational materials, shader presets, base models, ready rigs and more could be worth looking into.

Downloadable Quicktime Tutorials for slow connections seems a good idea. The EIAS3D Web Gurus will certainly look into this.

(Have you tried contacting Lance Evans directly at Graphlink.com about your 3DNY product not shipping? He usually is efficient fixing these problems)

Hi, Richard, Apu

I fail to see how lowering the EiAS price could be of some fenefit. We need improvements in some areas of the app (everithing about Ch Anim) and with less money for development i can´t see the any solution...

I think we need to be in the LW leage at least (we are far from it, sadly) the prices are similar...

Well, waiting to see the v.9

FelixCat

Ola,

“From someone who spends alot of time trying to make simple objects move in complicated ways I would have to agree.

With the death of various old websites there is almost no current rig stuff out there for Animator. Luckily I managed to download quite a bit of what was available. Also, notably 3DNY took my money and sent nothing before it closed its doors - anyone here involved in that, shame on you.”

- As Rick wrote, please, contact Lance Evans.

“I kind of thought, perhaps wrongly, that everything was going into the render and that Animator was becoming part of the pipeline to camera from other animation apps, or that the focus was on stills from hard body objects like architecture. Animation tools in Animator are beautiful to use but have been relatively static for a while.”

- We want to change it, more and more.. :)

“I don't want to start a conversation along the lines of if you don't do this I'm leaving because that's just a good way to embarrass yourself, but it is worth noting that modern rigging doesn't really happen without a well documented scripting language and or node based control. Without the ability to set up arbitrary links between objects you can't really set up a modern rig interface.”

- We are aware of this :)

“I got hold of some training stuff from Alonzo - excellent. Made a lot of stuff click into place, particularly using XP to build quick rig interfaces.

At the risk of completely hijacking this thread and being stoned out of the forum, I think that your pricing model is upside down. It is worth noting that at whatever price you set your software I'm going to grumble about it. Why, because I want everything better, brighter, cheaper and I want it like yesterday, oh and it needs to help save the planet as well. It is worth noting however, that I handed over about 90 bucks to Alonzo without blinking and regarded the cdr I got in return as very good value. Why, because like most people I view purchasing things that help me learn very differently from purchasing things.”

- Video Tutorials for sure is a way to go, make the learning curve really easy.

“I'm not suggesting that you set up Animator Foundation, but personally I would drastically reduce the software prices and start generating a lot of paid for educational materials, shader presets, base models, ready rigs and lots more.”

- We are EIAS owners since January :), our goal is make EIAS (Animator + Camera) more and more robust without rely in 3rd party tools and without rise the price, our competitors are rising the price :)

“Anyway apologies for hijacking. At the end of the day software isn't religion ... it is er ... more important than that ... er sorry ... might have that the wrong way round !

- Genuinely interested to hear your opinion ...

One last thing. I do actually live in the kind of UK village that US films like to portray where the elves bring packets of information every other Thursday if you bribe them with magic gingerbread. So, streaming video of any kind as an educational tool feels like asking your pet goldfish for help with algebra homework. Please can we just have some downloadable quicktime vids as well.”

- All Available video tutorials are now ready to download :)

http://www.vimeo.com/groups/eias

Thanks a lot

Tom

Hi,

Thanks Richard, I might try and contact him one more time, some of the older tutorials still looked interesting.

Thanks Tom for taking the time and fixing the downloads. Looking forward to 9 with interest.

Hey Felix ... I can see you at the back of the class ... did you throw something. Come on now be honest.

Regards, Rob.

Hi, Rob, Tomas, Rick

Yes, i am at the back of the class indeed, waiting for v.9.

I am working on an animation of a bunch of children in an empty classroom, btw, and that makes me spetially sensitive to the ChAnim theme.

For me, a modern facial morph mixer is mandatory; generally speaking, the bone system works more or less well. There are many space for improvement, of course, but -as Alonzo proves it, it works-

We lack a lot of things that are standard in other packages but i hope the new management in EiAS will deal with it properly.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck to all of us with this.

FelixCat

Hello Felix, all,

We lack a lot of things that are standard in other packages but i hope the new management in EiAS will deal with it properly.

This is my hope as well. Five upgrade cycles that focused completely on rendering was a huge mistake. Future development of EI should strive for more balance, to turn EI into a full featured, well rounded software package.