Is the Proxy plugin still available anywhere?

spleeve

Ola Michael,

Hope its what you are looking for, please, look the manual:

http://www.eias3d.com/products/konkeptoine-plugins/proxy/

Thanks

Tom

Tom, just a quick question. I have a chess set with each piece a complex set of objects in it's own right. All of these objects have their own textures - a lot of them utilizing Mforge.

Will the Proxy plugin work in a situation like this where you have the main object with many children, all with textures? Or does it just work with a single object?

Thanks,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

For posterity (as I've just emailed you ;)

Yes, you can proxy very complex objects with multiple materials, there is a tutorial video that explains the process in Tutorials> Plug-ins.

Have fun,

Ian

Thanks Ian.

I don't suppose there is any way to delete the original and still keep the proxies with all their inherited textures etc?

Michael.

Ola Michael,

Is it not possible to make the original be hidded in render time inside the plug-in? Or make it disappear in render time using the group info window of these selected groups?

Thanks

Tom

It is Tom. It's just that the original models are so poly heavy, and there are a lot of them, that I wondered if it was possible to get rid of them completely.

Michael.