Sonica for EI status ?

Hi again everyone !

Does anyone know the status of the Sonica for EIAS, is it still in development ? this was one plugin i was really interested in, or in other words - audio driven animation - i know about the AE solution but i don't use AE so my hopes were with Sonica.

Kind regards

Reuben

• 6 months later...

Sonica was intended as Maya plugin, however makes sense to bring it out as EIAS plugin as well. Although I am not fully sure how one can do it with the same generality as was possible in Maya. Any feedback is welcome. To be truly useful any sound attrib should be able to drive any animation channel..i will discuss with Tomas on possiblities

Sonica was intended as Maya plugin, however makes sense to bring it out as EIAS plugin as well. Although I am not fully sure how one can do it with the same generality as was possible in Maya. Any feedback is welcome. To be truly useful any sound attrib should be able to drive any animation channel..i will discuss with Tomas on possiblities

Hello Kishore,

drive any animation channel through the intensity of a sound is a dream for us because 95% of our work is music based and this opens the door to endless expression forms.

Thank you very much for your interest in bringing Sonica to EIAS community.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Kishore, are you the guy who did the programming on EIM???

Mike.

Mike.

Yes. I worked on it.

Yes, that's the idea. Initial thoughts are to use the existing expression support in EI.

Hello Kishore,

drive any animation channel through the intensity of a sound is a dream for us because 95% of our work is music based and this opens the door to endless expression forms.

Thank you very much for your interest in bringing Sonica to EIAS community.

Cheers

Diego

Mike.

Yes. I worked on it.

Well, I just wanted to thank you!

As someone who still uses it regularly I can say that there are some things in it that still blow the competition out of the water.

The real shame is that it didn't continue to be developed so that some of the other parts could have been bought up to the same standard.

Anyway, I think it is a testament that it still runs (with some hiccups) on my Intel machine after many OS updates.

Are you able to say if it is any stage of development now?

Thanks,

Mike.

Yes. I worked on it.

Well, I just wanted to thank you!

As someone who still uses it regularly I can say that there are some things in it that still blow the competition out of the water.

The real shame is that it didn't continue to be developed so that some of the other parts could have been bought up to the same standard.

Anyway, I think it is a testament that it still runs (with some hiccups) on my Intel machine after many OS updates.

Are you able to say if it is any stage of development now?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike, Firstly, thanks for your kind comments about EIM. It was a joint effort by many at EI, and had many good interface ideas from people such as Jay Roth, Matt Hoffman and several other developers at EI. Though I do take credit for EIM, I was only a rookie developer who helped bring it to life. There were a bunch of loyal EI users who critiqued and beta tested the beast before it was tamed and became useful.

Tesla was a follow on planned to EIM. However due to various constraints, it is dormant. Mainly, I am responsible for its dormancy and will take the blame.

Brad Parscale of EITG, made a good effort to revive it, but to bring it back to the world at the levels where it would be able to compete with the rest of the modelers who have been in development, is a momentous task that requires deeper backing and commitments. Sort of a David / Goliath analogy. Yet, I will say that comments on this forum have been very encouraging and who knows what might happen.

Tomas has done a magnificent job in bringing EIAS back to life again. His passion for the product is contagious. His positive thinking will take this package back to its glory days. I am not directly involved with EI, I have a full-time and a half job, I am but a supporter and well wisher, and in the coming days/weeks/months will try to make a contribution from the sidelines.

Cheers.

Kishore

• 3 months later...

Hello Kishore,

i didn't realize there were replies here, ok after some thinking i've concluded that a "midi file reader" would be much more usefull than using waveforms to generate keyframes.

Someone has already written a blender script which does exacty what i'm thinking about -

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?195434-MIDI-Driver-music-driven-animation-creator

Reuben