Sculptris to EI

yhloon

Just download Sculptris (something like Zbrush) this afternoon, in a bout 5 hours of hard-work, this is what I'm able to come out

testSculptris01.jpg

testSculptris02.jpg

testSculptris03.jpg

testSculptris04.jpg

testSculptris05.jpg

Sculptris is very easy to use, fast and stable, it doesn't crash my PC at all, the texture and the bump map are all created in Sculptris, it export Obj with UV, I use Silo to convert the obj to fact without any trouble, there is about 200k of polygons (if not mistaken), it takes about 3-4 minutes to render with GI & RT Transmission

Sculptris is Free, it do lacks of those advance features in Zbrush, but what else can I ask for more with the quality model created with this fabulous freebie

Hey Yhloon,

Wonderful!!!, Big Brain.. :)

Do you have the link of this free application to share with us?

Why you not try to add a Rig and do some animation tests just for fun?

Thanks

Tom

opps! forgot the link http://www.sculptris.com/

currently for windows only, I don't think the developer will work on OSX version, due to he is working on something else, hope this little softweare will run in Bootcamp

I'll try to animate this, hopefully............... pray................;)

Thank you for showing this to us, Yhloon! This is a great little program! I am attaching something I threw together in it. It's nowhere what you have done, but I'm pretty happy with it, especially since I've never used a program like this.

Incidentally, I was only able to open an obj file in Sculptris if I first opened the file in Wings3D and exported to a new obj file with the Tesselation set to triangles. But that does let me paint UV maps on some of these old obj files I have floating around my hard drive.

Ross

post-55-13269393663473_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...