Project gone viral

WHD

Hey All,

My client just posted an animation I just completed the week before last to YouTube so it is officially public now and can be shown. The whole thing was done under a very tight schedule in HD thanks to EIAS's fast rendering in GI.

Figured I'd share.

Very special thanks to Richard who did the Helvetica Black 3D type conversion for me which was key to getting this done on deadline.

Bill Dempsey

Check it out:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the supportive comments. I really appreciate it.

Jake, it is the anisotropic shader with radial setting and several texture maps to dirty up the surface just a little.

The models are all Turbosquid purchases. Several recent and a few from years back on other projects being re-purposed. The only truly new geometry is the type which Richard Joly generously exported for me from Form Z.

I did make a few fixes using Silo since several parts had rendering issues. I believe the Turbosquid models were mostly built in 3DMax originally as all were available in Max format and a few were available in Max as well as others. The Turbosquid folks did an un-grouping for me and exported in .obj. I used OBJ2Fact to convert the .obj files into the fact format.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have an addition to add for anyone who is interested. We did a reveal for the clients logo as an addition to the main animation. It didn't fit in the time limit for the original presentation but was cool enough that the client wanted it too.

Here is a sample. Making use of the new Sim Cloth plugin.

Bill

Here is the link: It will be active for the next week or two.

http://digitaldempsey.com/ftp1/SARGENT_EIAS3.mov

Hey Richard,

No wind there. Must have been some setting in Simcloth that set up a rebounding wave of sorts that looks like wind. An early test was really cool. Once the cloth dropped it rebounded several times at one stage pressing against the type making it readable through the cloth. That version unfortunately used a logo that did not use the proper font and didn't have the graphic element to the left. Changing the logo altered the sim's appearance. It still looks cool but I preferred what I had in the test. That is of course the issue with sims in general. You get what you get within the limits of the parameters and conditions you set. Duplicating things is really impossible.

Bill