B-Movie Challenge

Bahn

That was great. It really reminded me of an old B-movie I loved as a kid. I think it was called "The Black Rocks." It was about these huge black crystals that grew and moved by falling over to grow new crystals.

Very nice job, and good luck.

Ross

I remember that one too!

It was called " The Monolith Monsters". Looked it up on TCM. Universal Pictures 1957. Wow, I had forgotten about that film until you mentioned it. I used to watch old horror/sci-fi films every Saturday afternoon as a kid.

I love it!!!!

So cool. I always loved these B-movies science fiction from the 50s.

BTW, that shot of hair/fur growing is done with EIAS?. If so, may I ask how?

Good luck!!!!

Thanks!

I would love to say that I used EIAS for everything, but I did not. The slimemold and the bread mold were done in blender. All of the cars,tanks,planes, buildings,atomic explosions and of course mushrooms, were done in EIAS. :)

Here is a link to the challenge page:

My B-Movie Challenge page

Here is an updated link to the final submission:

Final Entry in The B-Movie Challenge

Thanks again for the comments!

Hi Thanks for posting the update its even better . Man there's alot of people doing that challenge is there a link where everyones final version can be seen with out looking at each each persons wip thread.

Mark

There is, actually. From the main challenge page click on the "view all entries" link on the menu. That will show you all of the entries. You can sort by username or by last entry, which will let you get to the final submissions without going through all the threads. Of course, not everyone finished. You will just see the last thing they submitted.

Here is a direct link: View B-Movie Challenge by entry

Thanks for the comments everyone!

• 1 month later...

That was great, Randall!

The style of the scenes was perfect. I loved the fake Orson Welles type voice-over.

Perfect direction. Just the right amount of irising and scuzz in camera to create the sense

of an old movie... super job.

Is the comp over? How did you do?

That was great, Randall!

The style of the scenes was perfect. I loved the fake Orson Welles type voice-over.

Perfect direction. Just the right amount of irising and scuzz in camera to create the sense

of an old movie... super job.

Is the comp over? How did you do?

Thanks!

The voiceover was inspired by the newsreel "March of Time" sequence from Citizen Kane, so you hit the nail on the head.

The competition is almost over, apparently the judges have made their decision, but they are still writing up the announcement...should hear something in the next day or so. There were a lot of great entries. I'm just happy that I managed to complete something on time!

Thanks again!