C4D to EI Workflow

jpsdesign

Hi All,

Does anyone have a foolproof (ish) way of getting models and uvs intact from c4d 11.5 to ei, tried a few methods and none seem perfect, either shading / normal problems or no uvs. FBX, Obj and 3ds all seem to work in one way or another (3ds imports uvs - but with shading problems / obj has no uvs but correct shading / fbx shading probs on some models), but nothing works 100%. No big problem but any tips much appreciated,

James

***EDIT*** Just found out that checking "skip file validation" on import, brings in obj nicely with uv intact

***EDIT2*** But not on all models....

Ola Dieguito,

“ampling level must be adjusted to 2X2 to avoid seams.”

where? per object or on Render setting windows?

Thanksss

Tom

Hello James,

I use Bake Object option in C4d, exported as .OBJ and imported into EIAS through OBJ2Fact, generally gives me good result, sampling level must be adjusted to 2X2 to avoid seams.

Cheers

Diego

Ola,

Its interesting, I need to test... where I can see this particular pixel border box?

Thanksss

Tom

Ola Amigo,

here is a screenshot showing the Bake Object window.

Imagen3-3.png

With complex geometry models as a character need to separate the head from the body to bake them separately to obtain good results.

Cheers

Diego

Hallo Tomas,

here is the manual definition of pixel border,

Pixel Border:

Bakes a pixel border that extends beyond the UV polygons.

look for some examples that show the difference, but the basic difference is in EIAS seen or not seen the seams.

I made this little test for you with a poser figure, open in C4d Baked and exported as .Obj via OBJ2Fact

This is a single piece model Baked, and the results are quite good, it is really great to have the texture of the whole body, head, hands and feet in a single texture but if you're looking for more detail then you need to make a separately Bake of the head or hands.

2pixelborder2.jpg

pixel border 2

2pixelborder6.jpg

pixel border 6

1pixelborder2.jpg

pixel border 2

1pixelborder6.jpg

pixel border 6

Cheers

Diego