Ship

spleeve

I'm not sure that's a compliment or not:)

(gulp) :D (I think I know what you mean. Vallejo, cover artist extraordinaire that he is, is a bit primitive when it comes to spaceship design)

But seriously, it is a compliment, really: your image has a certain painterly feel that I like a lot, and also it is very evocative, with that gloomy sky and the way the ship's skin reflects the environment.

(Plus nowadays, with every concept artist filling his portfolio with pod racer clones, your vehicle has this bit of Myst-series character crossed with Sherstobitoff's sensibilities that sets it apart)

Very nice render. Love the dark and gritty feel. Would be great to see it animated and get some of those lovely mForge texture and reflections moving!

Did you composite the clouds after or is it part of the render?

Ash

I did a lot of work in Photoshop. Basically I am a stills guy - the moving images bit is a mystery to me.

Here is a shot of the 'clean' ship.

Michael.

post-64-1326939356689_thumb.jpg

Great renders, love the metal textures especially in the mid section.

Are you using GI raytraced shadows with any of the lights, as I have found that they do not seem to work with mForge.

What size did you render the image?

Nice work.

Ash

I did a lot of work in Photoshop. Basically I am a stills guy - the moving images bit is a mystery to me.

Here is a shot of the 'clean' ship.

Michael.

Are you using GI raytraced shadows with any of the lights, as I have found that they do not seem to work with mForge.

I did a quick test last night with ray-traced soft shadows, (I hardly ever use them because I do find combined with Mforge things can get very slow very quickly), and they worked fine. This is using 7.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Michael,

I reallyyyyyy like the mood of the image.. a retro-futuristic..

Michael, Could you try to add some small bevels in the “mine” which is in the foreground?

I think will bring more reality...

If you can add some real displacement in the mine (with maps), will make it more real too.

Its only my personal view.. :)

Thanksss

Tom

Hey Michael,

I reallyyyyyy like the mood of the image.. a retro-futuristic..

Michael, Could you try to add some small bevels in the “mine†which is in the foreground?

I think will bring more reality...

If you can add some real displacement in the mine (with maps), will make it more real too.

Hi Tomas, actually the mines do have small bevels already on the casings.

The displacement with maps I will have to experiment with. I was trying to get away with one of my presets in Mfrorge to show heavy, cast metal - the opposite of a lighter than air blimp that you might expect.

Michael.

• 5 weeks later...