FEEDBACK PLEASE

vic3d

Ola Victor,

Your Animations are improving more and more :)

Please, pay attention in your transitions in your compositing software or editing software, a few them are “blinking”, the cross fade is wrong a bit.

One of the scene which have plates in the tables, the contact shadows are blinking a bit, use a bigger value in Color Tolerance , like 3.0 or a bit more.

post-4-13269393893706_thumb.png

Really GREAT works.

Hope that Helps

Thanks

Tom

http://www.vimeo.com/28746384

I am about to start rendering all final videos for this project. Any ideas to improve any part of this is wellcome. Be brutal.

Thanks.

Hey Victor,

That is one of the best EI flythrus I have ever seen. You have taken GI to another level. The people look great.

I only see that the order of the flythrus could be better. For example, it goes from the party room to the outdoors abruptly then to exiting the lobby. The first half flows well but the second half does not. Little too much time on the elevators as that is not too interesting.

You might want to consider a different perspective angle for the last exterior shot, looking up the building. Most renderings would keep the vertical lines near vertical without perspective even though there is lots of perspective. Just how people like to think of it. Some programs call it lense shifting.

Steven Houtzager

Thanks, very good pints, will take in consideration.

Vic.

Hey Victor,

That is one of the best EI flythrus I have ever seen. You have taken GI to another level. The people look great.

I only see that the order of the flythrus could be better. For example, it goes from the party room to the outdoors abruptly then to exiting the lobby. The first half flows well but the second half does not. Little too much time on the elevators as that is not too interesting.

You might want to consider a different perspective angle for the last exterior shot, looking up the building. Most renderings would keep the vertical lines near vertical without perspective even though there is lots of perspective. Just how people like to think of it. Some programs call it lense shifting.

Steven Houtzager

OK, here is the almost finished product. I say almost because the client hasn't said if they need any changes, I hope not. I wasn't able to fix the shimering dinner plates because of the render time, but I will if they ask for any changes.

Yes Mark the people are 2D videos from People in Motion.

I still wellcome any coments, they are always helpfull.

Vic.

http://vimeo.com/29132159

Thanks, and I know, I suffer a lot with the music. I have tried to use garage band to come up with music of my own, but I never get anything good enough. I am not a musician.

The speed is the photons, I only have 3 computers with 7 procesors total. So the longest renders took about 30min/frame (frames with all the trees in the garden) others took like 5min/frame. The interior of the appartment with only one area light with photons, and a couple of other normal lights was really fast because of that. It is a very fun tool to use. The party room had many area lights, one for each window, I wonder if I could have gotten faster result with jst one area light covering all windows and doors.

How do you all do the music for your videos?

Vic.

• 1 month later...