Kmyst

Hi,

KMyst worked for me using EI 9.1 in a 3840x2160 (60fps) project on a 2008 Mac with OS 10.6.8.  I had about 30 individual cloud objects; KMyst was on every cloud object, each with unique KMyst settings.  However, I didn't fly through any of the cloud objects; I've never been able to figure out how to do that.

Joe

Hi,

KMyst it is also working here, I really miss not being able to use it in 64 bit, it is currently the only way to have volumetric clouds on EIAS 3D but not being ready for 64 bit does practically unusable for me. For this reason I earnestly request developers to include Kmyst in the Shaders list to be upgraded to 64 bits.

Hi Joe, I remember that there is a sample document showing how to fly through the clouds, we've used it several times and it works great.

image.jpg1.jpg

This is a frame of a scene made with Kmyst evolving moving clouds, I love this Shader I hope to soon use it in 64 bits.

Thanks

Diego

Hi,

Here is a link to the mov, 3 years ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXNLTCh5jk

Steven, Kmyst it is nice to work with it, the scale is a little critical and can take time to find the appropriate numbers, also on some camera tilts can cause problems but apart of that a good effect of clouds is achieved, much better than the built in Smoker which it is more to smoke effect than clouds. Flight thought scenes are slower to render but the results can be very good.

I never used Mondo Clouds. Konkeptoine had very good plugins for sky, it's a shame that so many good tools are lost along the way.

I think Kmyst it is a good option that only needs to be ready for 64 bits.

Thanks

Diego