Zaxwerks v7/v8 fact models not visible in EI (win)

Reuben.F

How can this be? the fact files come in from promodeler 6 and show up using "reveal in model" i can see it right there but the viewport and render is empty.

I also have a model from a v7 Zaxwerks product and its the same deal, how can the software have had two major updates and miss such an issue?

Any ideas please.

Reuben

Hiya Reuben,

I use to have similar issues when I had EIAS on a windows machine, but this was years ago. I think the issue if invisible groups is to do with the winding order of the ploygons(?). I use to have to take the fac into silo and re-export os a obj file. It always came in to EIAS fine.

Thanks,

Nige.

I exported with the default and also a preset material from Promodeler, tried reverse normals, back face culling on/off, polygon color on/off, tried linking to dicer, nothing. The groups come in with x-form scale at 0.0, scaled all the way up to 10000, nothing. But why when i "reveal in model" does it show up right there in the window?

Could be right Nige as the file does come into Viacad OK. I also noted that FBX export from Promodeler produces no output file at all, taking this to Zaxwerks.

if you need help Reuben... I'm working on a project FOR Zax right now and were close friends.  Im sure 

I can get you direct help from one of them if you need it.... hit me up here or on Facebook and ill get you

a name and email or phone number.  You know I've used known Zax for 20yrs and use his tools daily.  Happy to help you if you need it.  

its just a REALLY weird fact and small world that my current client and project is for them and their team.   I rarely can offer such access!!  LOL   good luck.   You know I'm a real fan of 

pro animator and Zax support via export for EI...  if they stopped it I think id drive to his house and live on his lawn until he reversed that decision.... HAHAHAHAHA !!

• 3 weeks later...