Arch Viz interiors, back to photons

Thomo

Thought I'd post some fairly recent interior work with EIAS V9.1.

I steered away from photons for a while due to light leaks driving me crazy. Now using FormZ V7 with smooth modelling and proper snapping and the new re-shape tool, light leaks are a thing of the past!

These are still in progress but any opinions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ak5jzvzqfg10clv/AAA9hMBA6e14WNhV9Kf5HryPa

Yeah sorry, I should have explained. No it is what the client sent as an example photo.

I was trying to emulate the style of those "client brief" images for the initial bathroom and living room images.

Still a way to go yet though.

It was also about using photons and getting control over the lighting in EIAS. These take a minute or so to render once the photons are setup. Comes back to the modelling being very important, which I never fully appreciated.

Apologies for any confusion.

The very right hand side of 'GT04.jpg' looks really good!

The dining chairs and table look a little too low though. Dining tables are normally about 750-760mm high from the floor to the table top.

I like the feature chair in the living room, the detail in the metal is great and the fabric texture is very realistic.

The leather on the couch is a little bumpy though. I shared my leather couch specular settings in this thread (http://www.eias3d.com/forums/topic/6126-recent-architectural-work/), it maybe worthwhile incorporating in your leather material.

The texture on the feature wall is also a little bumpy, maybe up the sampling or reduce the bumpiness but I'm sure it's on your todo list.

The coffee table also looks a little bit thin.

I really like your aluminium framed glass sliding door material. Nice contrast and reflection. Can you maybe share how you did it?

No disrespect intended, I hope I'm being helpful.

Michael

Those are looking really good Greg.  Trying to figure out why snapping has affected light leaks.  Did you have small gaps here and there and they caused light to leak in? The sunlight coming thru, which is really attractive, says bright day so you might want to not have ceiling lights on.... or maybe fewer.

Thanks for the comments. Yes the dining table is wrong in scale and the stone wall is a work in progress as it is a particular laser cut, acid etched stone and is proving a bit tricky to get right. Leather is not right yet either, thanks for the link.

Coffee table is a particular piece and has that thin look. I'll put the door frame material up on the link if you want to have a look.

The light leaks were mainly coming from walls and floors running through intersections and not being snapped to faces, so not actually gaps. Using the re-shape tool in FormZ has solved most problems.

Lights are usually 'on' in Architectural photography regardless, as per the client brief photo. Helps with the over / under exposure of shooting inside to outside and gives a warmer feel to the interiors.