an HD LOGO glass refraction styled EI rendering

supernovavfx

all done with EI 9.1 very simply.  Modeled in my FAVORITE MoGraph Modeler   Zaxwerks Pro Animator... which also has a really easy to use geometry slicing utility.... and exports native FACT files.

just one light source and shadow...  vimeo does not make it easy in my opinion to see the 1080 version... you need to go to 'couch' mode.    The transitions were done in After Effects with Sapphire Defocus

and glints.  Id love to be able to have an easy to use rack focus ability in EI...  its used non stop in cg and i prefer to try it in EI FIRST and only mess with it in post if i have too or want to effect it.

The key was EI's refraction mapping global.   I LOVE it.  I dont have to build complicated environments just to get some lighting into the glass of a dramatically lit scene.  It fakes reality, but so much of

commercial animation and logo work NEEDS to 'fake' lighting for stylized purposes.        THANK YOU for the kind responses very much!

LOL  yes... Tomas... I am currently working 16 hr days on a brand new website (basic and clean, not fancy) with multiple new reels and a lot of new EI work as well....    I have a lot of better WCIU stuff ill get to you if you care

to show it... i NEED to be done with that new website and reels so I can start looking for new work, in the next 10 days or so.    Once the site is up and I'm looking for work I will have the time to forward samples of any number of things EI.   Im creating an original animation for the opening of the my sizzle reel right now in EI that will take me about 7 of the 10 days....  editing the reels won't take me too long after that.....  just want to add something fresh 

at the opening....

wish me luck.  This is a bit of a "phase 2" in my life and my career and I'm pretty excited about it... nervous in a good way as to where I may end up... stay in LA, Join a design firm, work for a network... I dont have any idea but

I'm keeping an open mind....  :)

• 2 weeks later...