Offshore windmills

fantomaz

Hi all!

For a graphic wall a customer ask me to render a picture of his windmills

for the Hannover Fair Industrie next week. The picture is 3m x 3m and 10k pixel:

Haliade_Standbild.jpg

Render time is around 60 minutes with more than 25 million pixel (the windmill its a CAD file from customer)

i did not have the time to reduce the amount of polygons, so EI had a hard job! But finished with no (or only little

stress....).

Alex

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, now here it is in „live action†at the Hannover fair industry, a week ago:

Haliade_HMI.jpg

Also some specs:

• 3m x 3m at nearly 12k x 12k pixel

• Over 25 million polys (due to the CAD model of the windmill - have to be reduced in next version)

• Rendertime was 1 hour

• Setup of project was 5 days because of modeling the craneship, transformatorship and distributorship

and converting the windmill from CATIA to EI (plus some (!...!) hours of learning lots about water, wind and so on....)

And finally a fun film as an add-on (to show customer what we can do next.....  :rolleyes:  )

Haliade_Button.jpg

Alex

• Like 1

very nice, I use the AE version of Psunami and composite things in post....  I never could get the EI version to give me feedback fast enough to be practical....  if there is a 64 bit version that would be nice.  Trial and error in learning these tools

must be much more reasonable in V9......   of course id love a step for step working link with realflow most of all...   I know there was one before but I could not get it to work or realflow to acknowledge it....  

nice work looking scale and all...