Which plugins have been updated to 64bit to date?

bbuxton

sIBL is brilliant.....

Ola Tomas

Still playing with the demo.... :-)

The sIBL implementation is really good, but I was looking through the shaders etc to find a shadow catcher. Whilst I appreciate that it is straight forward to insert shadows on a ground plane in Photoshop or a compositor, it would be better to have a shadow catcher shader when doing snapshot renders. I shoot hdri panoramas as part of my work and most are stored as sIBL sets. More than happy to share some of them - once I have raised the cash for my upgrade!

Brian

Ola Brian,

Smart IBL is really cooool :)

Look the Feature 4.8 - its exactly for this.

http://www.eias3d.co...a-feature-list/

Sample Project:

Download

Btw: This is my personal trick to have shadows over SmartIBL without compositing

Shadow_Mask.zip

1) After you choose the Background position with Smart IBL

2) Render only the background.img

3) Use it in Rotoscope tab

4) Copy it and paste in the Camera Map tab to project in the floor as Diffuse only (using a selection set)

5) Floor need to receive Shadow only and have the color of the shadow you want.

Done :)

Thanks

Tom

Now I feel really lazy! as that is generally how I do it. Many thanks for the the v9 prj will check it out to see whats new when I get home.

The nice thing about a shadow catcher is that I only have to apply it to the ground plane once.

Now if I need to move the camera around for a snapshot from a different point of view I need to do steps 2-5 again.

With a shadow catcher I just click and render a new snapshot no other steps needed. If I need to change the sIBL background - just re-render.

I never did like the work hard bit in the old EI strapline, much prefer

Work smart, render fast retire young!

Hello Tomas. In previous releases there were usually press releases by the plug-in companies showing support. I haven't seen anything from anyone. Northern Lights hasn't responded to emails and it appears that Konkeptoine (non-EIAS distributed) and TripleD are gone.

For those of us that have a considerable investment in plug-ins this is worrisome. Almost any existing large project I open in V9 wont render without stripping out the plug-ins/shaders first which can be arduous process. Many older projects won't open in 9 without crashing. Can you provide any enlightening news about the plug-in/shader future? :) Thanks. -Derryl

Ola Derryl,

“Many older projects won't open in 9 without crashing.”

How old? is it previous than 6.6 Mac intel version? if yes, they have a chance to crash, since, they need a manual conversion.

If its a EIAS 8 project, please, only collect the project and send us.

About Shaders / Plug-ins:

- Most of Shaders from Triple D Tools were done by Chris Bernardi (Pixar), he is interested in update, but he is in a deadline right now.

- We are updating our Konk tools.

- We plan to update Para tools to 64 bits also.

- Triade Shaders will be updated.

- Northernlights 3D are Blair’s tools, only him can answer that.

Thanks

Tom

Blair got back to me on 64bit.

He says that he would like to do the updates but that it is not a trivial undertaking and that the majority of his time has to be devoted to projects that 'pay the bills'

So eventually but he can't say how long it will take.

Psunami, Dante and Placer are the most important ones for me, though I do have Psyclone and the first 4 Artisan sets too.

Would consider switching from Psyclone to KMyst for 64bit but not entirely sure how they compare.

Anyway it is reassuring that Blair wants to update the plugins.

I am currently developing an animation using BlobMaker with EIAS9 - I notice that when Camera (32 or 64) goes through the Step "BlobMaker" it uses 1 core to build the model. When the plug-in is updated to 64 bit, will it just use more memory, or will it also use all cores to build the model?

thanks,

brian

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody knows if there is an issue with SWAGE. I am using v1.3 and can't get the built-in-profile to work, wether I use EI8 or 9.

The option is always greyed-out. I know I had it working on another project some time ago, but can't remember what version I was using.

Christian