lip-sync... a little test

yhloon

a quick test lip-sync, using EIAS constrain and Xpressionnist to create "strechable bone", and deform editor to control the lips

here are the result

the bone position and length are "control" by effectors, all this effectors are parent/constrain to a bigger effector, where the deformation are apply to the bigger effector

download the above project file here

http://dl.dropbox.co...uth_control.zip

this video shows how to setup a "strechable bone" by using effector and bone, using constrain auto look and position to lock the bone position to an effector and point to another effector, than using Xpressionist to set the bone length according to the distance between 2 effector, the script are very simple

bone.Length=distance( effector01.Position , effector02.Position )

there is still problem to deal with strechable bone

the first...it is very time consuming to do the setup,

second...at the moment, it only work best with low poly model, high poly model will cause some unexpected results, so Encage is needed

third...I just found that Camera can't render a smooth surface, with an object skined with bone, and parent to Encage

I'm not sure if this trick is usable, but I think it is worth to share to the others

Very interesting, Loon. Awesome efford. But i think that to do a linpsink with your method could be a pain in the **s... sorry. Even using the morph system and morph targets for the principal morphems it is. You need to ear the audio simultaneously, even slowing it if nesessary for adjusting the facial movements and that is not possible in EiAS. Sorry to say that. We, EiAS users are waaaay back in soft body animations. Until now... Who knows what lays in the future?

FelixCat

Ola Felix!

Loon did a really interesting method... sure, exist lots of advanced systems for face movements, most of them, expensive, like Face Robot and so on.. bringing face animations inside EIAS as cache is a step, sure, a long road is needed to do what we dream, but at least, we started to change our future..

Thanks

Tom

Ola Loon,

If I understood well, Did you try to change the Skin engine from Power of 4 to Linear?

Take a look:

post-5-0-66757700-1333919416_thumb.png

Thanks

Tom

Tom, I just playing around with the bone falloff in limited range , and forgot the same thing in skin editor

Very interesting, Loon. Awesome efford. But i think that to do a linpsink with your method could be a pain in the **s... sorry. Even using the morph system and morph targets for the principal morphems it is. You need to ear the audio simultaneously, even slowing it if nesessary for adjusting the facial movements and that is not possible in EiAS. Sorry to say that. We, EiAS users are waaaay back in soft body animations. Until now... Who knows what lays in the future?

FelixCat

Hi Felix, lipsync is just part of it, I do feel some potential in this method, and Tom mentioned it earlier ... facial animation

Loon, this is awesome and usable in any EIAS Project without plugin or outside application. Thanks.

Felix, I do feel your frustration, really. A tool you suggested, TAFA, by Timothy Albee does export to MDD and EIAS now imports it flawlessly.

Maybe one day EIAS will incorporate similar tools but unfortunately, this is still for a future update.

Hi, richard. Yes TAFA is a good tool, sadly only for PC. I´m on MAC so y must buy a PC (not a happy choice for me). Then save the morph targets in OBJ that TAFA can read, then export the mdd and the first morph target to the MAC and to EiAS. It works but is very cumbersome spetially if you wants to integrate the facial animation with the body. For any adjustment you must to go back and forth and pull some hair in the process.

Hi, Tom. Yes, i still have faith. Waiting for v9 ;)

FelixCat