EI Interface Layouts

I have been using EI on a 27" iMac for awhile and finding that I arrange the windows totally differently than when I used 2 monitors. Just getting people's feedback on this. What if there were a script, similar to the current "reset windows", that snaps these layouts into place. The only "new" thing that this script would need is that it would need to open and close some windows. Keeping these windows floating allows you to have a 2 monitor layout as well.

http://intuitionusa....ace_layouts.pdf

This is a great idea!, but over the years we have seen many good suggestions on improving the UI. I'm not sure why the UI has such a low priority. It's hard to justify spending anytime trying to improve the current UI. I just read an article celebrating the 11 years of OS X, the current EIAS UI is a based on the the look of OS 9 ands Windows 98. If you look at any other 3d app, compared to EIAS they seem to be infinitely customizable. The UI really needs to be redesigned from the ground up. I suggested about 9 years ago to have the menus visible while being dragged into position. I thought that was simplest possible improvement. I know the current ownership hasn't had EIAS that long but I haven't heard of any UI changes in EIAS9.

It's not that we aren't interested in suggestions for UI improvements, it's just that we have seen so many good ideas suggested none of them actually implemented.

brian

It's really nothing - Every application has this since OS X (11 years ago). In OS 9 when you drag windows around the screen you get an out line of the window. Since OS X, when you drag a window you see the window (not just an outline). 9 years ago it seemed like a nice (and very simple) suggestion, now it just seems silly to ask for such a thing. Grab any window or menu in any application (other than EI) and drag it around. That's what it would look like. I'm not really asking for this now, I would rather all efforts be put toward designing and implementing a modern UI.

There have been many better more useful requests than this. I was trying to say that even the simplest UI improvement (like a setting to remember multiple screen layouts) is difficult to get done.

brian

brian