Architectural Animation

Buggsy

This is really nice Michael! Beautiful architecture design well rendered. It will be a real seller for your customers.

Here is my suggestion: The first two sequences travel a little too much into the apartment. I see these type of interior movements as someone walking one or two meters with a head turn.

Looking really good Michael!

I would suggest that you look at the HD youtube, I have not tried to post to that. I post a Quicktime movie on a html page as I know a bit about web pages.

Also, you will need to have the trees on a separate plane as the sky as you will pick up the flatness with camera spin.

For interiors I really try to work in camera spin along with moving along a path (as you have). It gives the animation much more depth. It is a bit fast. It is picking up the speculars and other reflections well. Flying over furniture is fine. You might have some GI sizzle on the white couch which is an age old issue. You could try increasing the sampling there.

Ola Michael!!

Really nice, I cant see all the details due the Youtube compression, please, create a Vimeo.com page too, there you can post a better quality :)

Thanks

Tom

Tom, I am still rendering the final animation including the second pass. Once I'v finished I'll post it in Vimeo also. Thanks for you help.

This is really nice Michael! Beautiful architecture design well rendered. It will be a real seller for your customers.

Here is my suggestion: The first two sequences travel a little too much into the apartment. I see these type of interior movements as someone walking one or two meters with a head turn.

Thanks Richard. Not my design with the unit, only the interior items. Your camera movement ideas are a different approach than my thinking. I'll explore small movements with more looking around the unit. Thanks for your comments.

Looking really good Michael!

I would suggest that you look at the HD youtube, I have not tried to post to that. I post a Quicktime movie on a html page as I know a bit about web pages.

Also, you will need to have the trees on a separate plane as the sky as you will pick up the flatness with camera spin.

For interiors I really try to work in camera spin along with moving along a path (as you have). It gives the animation much more depth. It is a bit fast. It is picking up the speculars and other reflections well. Flying over furniture is fine. You might have some GI sizzle on the white couch which is an age old issue. You could try increasing the sampling there.

Other people have commented that the first two parts are a bit to fast. I kind of like the variation in speed but need to develop a better understanding of whether it is a viewer orientated preference or a specific approach 'needed' for architecture. I think slower camera movements give a sense of prestige. I'd like to know others thoughts on this.

Ola Steven,

In reality, you can improve the GI sizzle in the couch increasing the Color Tolerance (GI window) from 1.0 to something like 3.0.

Thanks

Tom

I have 4.0 Color Tolerance but there is still some sizzle.

Michael

Here's my final product. Your constructive comments would be welcome.

There is room for improvement and it has everything to do with colour correction and quality of final output. I'm guessing it is due to the video editing software and my skill level. I'm sure they will improve as I do more and more of these. I am having so much trouble controlling gamma, colour saturation, colour variations, namely reds turning a slight purple tinge and the resulting video looking a little blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjfyTr-148A&feature=youtu.be

Michael