Putting objects on a grid

thingmaker

Hello, does anyone know of a way to distribute objects on a grid (say the vertices of a plane)? For example if I create a grid of spheres in Formz,etc. and I bring it into EI to create a wave effect, it distorts the spheres. It seems it would be much easier to create a simple plane distort it and then apply the objects to the vertices afterwards. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. -Derryl

Sorry, no example. I guess neither the 'attach files' nor the 'Flash advanced uploader' are working.

Richard, you could have fooled me, your english is excellent!

What I was trying to achieve was a 'wave' of spheres that I could control. In the first image is the basic effect I am going for.

I was able to do it using one sphere and locating it on each vertex with Placer Deposit and then warping the mesh/plane using deformations. This method kept the spheres from distorting into ellipsoid shapes.

http://www.4dmaze.com/images/other/wave/

The image upload simply does not work for me. The jpeg file is only 144k. This is what I get:

Error This upload failed Used 786.53K of your 500K global upload quota (Max. single file size: 7MB)