photons help

vic3d

Ola Vic,

What are you using? Area Lights? Or Light Objects?

Thanks

Tom

Using Area light. Trying to use photons to have a really fast render, it is not working out like that so far. I have turned off everything like glass, reflective objects.... I all you can see now is the groups I applied the dicer to. It is only one area light, I figured it should be pretty fast.

Here is parts of the project, the whole of it is too big. My render time is like 15min on my iMac 3.06GHz. I want to be able to keep it under 5min since the whole video is due very soon. I had to compress the fact and the project, hope you can open it.

Thanks, so much for your help.

Just a couple of questions Tom:

is there a way of telling how much an image took to render after the camera window closed?

I wanted to make the image much brighter, something like the image below:

http://www.eias3d.com/category/gallery/architecture/page/7/

89 - Waterfront-castro - Created by Watson/Associates

but if I remove the block distance the render takes much much longer, it looks great but it takes too long even after I save the photons to a file. Any suggestions on how to get more light in there without making it take for ever?

Thanks.

Victor Aguilar.

Ola Victor,

In the Render Window / Render Tab / change the output gamma from 1.0 to 2.0 or maybe 1.8, the overall image will become “washed”, then in After Effects, you can use Curves to contrast the blacks (shadows) only. :)

Gamma 1.8

post-4-1326939382728_thumb.jpg

If you are rendering directly from your local Camera (not Rama), you can select the render in your folder and use the finder “get info” command (mac) which you will see the render time.

Thanks

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom, so here is what the project looks like almost finished, I just have to render some more seconds of the same stuff to have a longer video and I have to work on the editing. I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments on any aspect of the project. If you have any suggestions for the music I'd be very grateful, I don't usually listen to instrumental music that can bu used for background in a video so I am a little lost there.

Thanks.

http://vimeo.com/24428971