New work

vgd

My last work of Roman reconstructions, made with EIAS 8:

www.vgd.it

First, from top menu select: Portfolio/Video Gallery 3D

Next, from left menu Category Menu/Ricostruzioni

Bottom: select thumb for video (or left right arrow)

Villa scene over 3 million polys.

Time render: 5-7 min each frame on 8 core Intel Mac 2,8ghz 16GbRam

Was also a test to use instaces and some EIAS limitations. But speed render is fantastic!

With EIAS 8 I have notice a real memory limitation with a frame resolution with more polys+photon map. EIAS 9 64 bit are very necessary in conjunction with multicore render.

Another limitation: memory and time render with tree and natural large environment.

For my project "Tempio" and "Ponte" I use Placer Deposit plugin and low poly tree (8000-9000 polys). I make final footage in 3-4 steps (only trees in phong no photons, tree shadows+alpha+mask, floor grass, temple+alpha+mask) and merge all into After Effects.

I had to adapt shots based on the maximum number of trees that could be used without crash.

This way is no correct and no photoreal, but I went around the memory limit and very long time render.

I hope in EIAS 9 soon, also to contrast another softwares.

Great videos and animations!

One question: how did you manage to use Oxygene from Jean-Michel Jarre?

Years ago we tried to use this music for a customer and the management

around JMJ told us, that he (JMJ himself) is the only one who decide to whom he gives his

music and for what price...

Alex

Hi fantomaz,

You are right, but in fact, I advised the client more times that he could not use this music, but has signed a document releasing and accountability for any problems. Unfortunately, many customers do not understand the importance of copyright and happens to run into very serious legal problems. For this reason for a long time I do sign a document that removes me from any responsibility for the use of copyrighted material. In any case, I decided to remove the video from the my site.

Many thanks

In this project I prefered render some layers and next merge it with adding some details in AE.

In this way I can manage some colors and imperfections, and re-render in EI only the imperfect layer with speed.

A common problem for all animations with EI are the edge flickering with photons and GI, also with antialias more high. I encountered difficult for lower this problem, but I could not delete it.

Hi Very Nice. Thanks for sharing details. How was haze , fog done in some of the videos, is that done in EI or after effects ?

Thanks Mark