Parametric Cloner Animation Module

Diego

Hello All,

how gratifying that EIAS has begun a new path.:)

The tool that I need more is a parametric animation module, in the same style of C4d Mograph:

A module that can clone objects and position them in a Grid Array, linear or radial way.

A module with the ability to animate the position, scale and rotation of the Clones

A module that can accept random in rotation, scale and position parameters.

that may animate clones through sine waves, delays and step formulas.

I know that this can be done with Xpresion, but unless you're a developer this is very awkward to do.

If anyone needs it I have all the Mograph for C4d documentation.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for the link :cool:

Yes, the idea is similar to Instance but what is very powerful in "Mograph for C4d" is that you can add single effectors (random, step, delays or formulas), these efectors work in the same way that Mr. nitro in the sense that only affects the area where you've put the effector, and you can add as many effectors as you want on the same set of clones, these effectors make a very powerful tool for motion graphics design an also for FX.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for the link :cool:

Yes, the idea is similar to Instance but what is very powerful in "Mograph for C4d" is that you can add single effectors (random, step, delays or formulas), these efectors work in the same way that Mr. nitro in the sense that only affects the area where you've put the effector, and you can add as many effectors as you want on the same set of clones, these effectors make a very powerful tool for motion graphics design an also for FX.

Cheers

Diego

Hi Diego,

You could use Placer Deposit with Swage with a lot of possibilities for motion graphics.I saw a video from Brian where he put into action PD and Swage a few years ago and the results were nearly realtime.

You could use PPPro with Pathfinder/Contortionist/FlexPath to drive the instances through a path and apply deformations in any part of your curve that you might wish, or deform the curve as the instances move on curve.

A lot of possibilities , no effectors but i think very soon you might have something similar.

Pakalolo

edit: Further more i have found using a particle generator more convenient so it might be a good case to study.

Hi Pakalolo,

I'm waiting to see what will happen to Swage, Braider and Trestle, currently they have no web page and you can not even access to Brian's videos. I bought these plugins and few months later were no longer in the market, I currently use them for many purposes and work very well, but I can not imagine how to use them in the way that you say.

On the other hand I bought Dante and currently can not be used in render farm because there are many errors, and so far there seems no plans to solve these errors, so I have my doubts about buying PlacerDeposit do not know if it works now.

Many years ago I bought a fantastic plugin named "TROOPERS" from Endless Corporation, in the same line than Placer Deposit but also with dynamics, probably one of the best plugins that were made for EIAS inexplicably lost in the mists of time.

Now I found a plugin called RiptidePro that export OBJ's sequences from C4d to EIAS and works very well with OBJ2Fact in batch mode. So I can import C4d-Mograph animation into EIAS.

Please, do you have an example that shows the combination of Placer Deposit with Swage?

thank you very much

Diego

• 2 years later...