...creating "water" in Electric Image

hillsville

It depends on what kind of water to be created.

For droplets - Mr Blobby would be the way to go.

I'm guessing you'd like to do a surface water effect.

Firstly, you'll need a well meshed plane. The best way to do this is with the Ubershape plug-in and reimport it into EIAS. (This way you avoid having the plug-in taking rendering resources during final render).

Then apply the Runwave deformation to it. Set Amplitude to a high number, e.g. 40. Then set deform along Y-axis. For soft looking waves, in the Runwave options, set the Noise Options to a small number, e.g. 4.

Make sure the green animation arrow is activated in your project window. Now drag the time marker to the end time of your animation, e.g. 10 seconds. View the deformation boundary lines (usually red/pink) in the Top Window View. Drag it a small distance away. This will set a new keyframe for the Runwave deformation motion.

The other key element of water is texture. Set a watery colour for the water plane. Then push the diffuse setting arrow to Darker. Set the Reflection setting for the plane. Choose a nice sky or abstract image for the water to reflect.

I've attached a small sample project called waterwave.zip. In it I've added the LW_Ripples shader to the diffuse layer for added effect. Unfortunately, I failed to follow my own advice and the plane is an active Ubershape plane ;-)

waterwave.zip