from space to cabarete

lto

Hello!

I did the first 25 seconds of this animation (the space intro) in EIAS:

The rest of the video was done in another software that could not handle the scale of the firs part of the project. (the intro was done several months after, by Requirement of the client)

I found this video in youtube, I'd like to show only the EIAS part in the forum (or perhabs the gallery) but I don't know how to submit it.

Thanks

Ok, here is the render, only the EIAS part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGPaDwrFc9o

and an image of F-curve of the camera. the animation was done from earth to space and reverse rendered for more control. the camera had to decelerate as it was reaching the surface, because the distance is huge compared to the size of the project (the Architectural project).

post-153-1326939368016_thumb.jpg

This effect, often misused on TV, is perfect for your clip.

Could you elaborate a bit on the technical side? Map size, render time, etc.

For these shots, I get my map from Nasa's Blue Planet. They have a HUGE one somewhere in there. Andrew Kramer did a tut using AfterEffects that is also quite interesting. http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/earth_zoom/

Nicely done Ito, congrats.

Wow! great tutorial from videocopilot. thanks for sharing Richard.

Those animations are great! Tomas, raelly nice Works!

Well, I used 3 elements on this animation one sphere and 2 planes, just 3 texture maps. the firs one, the global map was originally from a 3d warehouse model, 1140-720 pixels, I enlarged it to 4096-2048, and ad more detail in de caribbean area in order to be similar to the next object. The Santo Domingo island map (Dominican + Haiti) is a puzzle form Bing maps. I took like 30 screen shots of the area and made an image 8192x3693, maped on a rectangle with alpha channel.

Another rectangle was used for the cabarete town, 5683x5171, another puzzle form Bing maps :-/

Since the animation starts from the other side of the planet it was easier for me go backwards because I can place mi mark at 0,0,0 and them move my camera anywhere I wanted.

The videocopilot tutorial explain the exponential scaling to simulate the approximation to earth, I notice that it could not be linear too, but i used a manual procedure, I started at 64 units height, and in the same amount of time I went 128-256-1024-2048, etc. we all know the secuence :)

Them in F-curve editor I made the movement look more natural...

Render time: 26 minutes in an Imac 2.66 core 2 duo (no renderama, Just one core)

3 lights, and phong render.

And, almost forget, I used another map for the stars, a background camera map 8192x4096.

I think that's all...

Thanks