EI8 won't start in windows 7

yhloon

I've a laptop running Windows 7 (the laptop never intend to run any 3D apps actually:D), Try to install EI8 this morning, after fill in the details and the authorization code, when I click the "Authorize" button, EI crash immediately, not sure what is going wrong here...

restart EI8 again, but it require an authorization again, so I download a new dongle driver -the Sentinel 7.6.1, spend some time to make it recognize the duo dongle, then start EI8 again but it still crash after hitting the "Authorize" button

wondering anyone successfully install and run EI8 in Windows 7 ?

Ola Yhloon,

You are having a problem because of Windows 7 (UAC) - User Account Control, which don‘t allow EIAS Animator to run.

Please, follow this link, which teach you How to disable Windows 7 and Windows Vista (UAC) making EIAS works fine.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/

Thanks a lot

Tom

Hi Tomas,

thanks for the quick reply, I follow the instruction to lower down the slider or completely turn of the notification, but still have no luck to run EI8

I'm thinking of trying install EI7, to see whether it will run, I'm not sure it is a dongle issue or some plugin/shader incompatible with Windows 7

errrr

it works now! I completely turn off the UAC, than Restart the laptop, now EI8 start and run smoothly! thanks Tomas!