EASY BASIC EI PART 1

Mark Johnston

HI Tomas as I add more, I'll do that, and your right trying to make a tutorial makes you have to focus and brush up on things and trying to develop more of your own skills. What I will do will be Quick and off the top of my head so excuse any mistakes , if they aren't to bad, because I don't want to be to much into every detail. I'm going to start on Part 2 now, so it might be up later today

Mark

Hi Mark,

I can't seem to be able to view the movie.

I have installed Quicktime v7.6.6 on my iMac 27inch i7 but all I get is the Quicktime icon in the middle of my browser page when I go to the movie link. I have done as many have suggested and changed my Safari app to 32bit and installed the Quicktime from the Leopard CD as well as the one from apples web site but to avail.

I clicked on the other movies located on the webpage and they work fine.

Would love to see it but I can't.

Michael

Hi Michael,

maybe your browser has not enough downloaded to start the movie? (buffer)

Sometimes, when the movie is so coded that min. 20% of the file has

to be on your side, you click elsewhere because it took too long to wait.

So the movie cant play and if you try moments later, the movie must be

downloaded again from start because its a new session.

Wait and see if the movie starts after a 'long' wait...

When the movie was broken or something like that, QuickTime normally

shows this with a bad movie icon in your browser or a question mark.

Alex

Hi Michael Did you get it to play, the files are big 1 one was 111 mb the second is 147 mb so Alex could be right. This is my first time doing this , they load super quick on my cable connection. One of the reasons I want to do this is both my brothers are just going to be learning the program and I thought I could help get them going faster . But one of my brothers is still on dial up so I plan to knock this out and then send him a copy in the mail. I also feel it would be helpful for new users or maybe for people considering buying the program. If you took a look , what do you think ? Will it be helpful I hope so. From your work I would think you probably know a a lot more then me.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I used Firefox to view your videos which worked fine. Not sure why I can see them in Safari?

There were some things in your video I don't use, but now will that you pointed them out. Like the "S" (scale) & "T" (transform) keys. I guess I don't do a lot of animation other than with the camera due to my focus being architectural.

It's great to see users thinking and producing helpful materials to benefit the rest of the community. As much as I've scrubbed through your videos (I really should watch them entirely through) they're absolutely necessary. I vividly remember the days of the version 2.9 tutorial of "the oil lamp in front of the mirror" and the Zax Works videos that were around at the time. When you have stuff to deconstruct you learn quickly. When you have someone to lead you through it and explain WHY, it really helps to get your head around EIAS even quicker. I found in the beginning that I was overwhelmed by the complexity of the program and I needed someone to show me how to tame it.

I would love to produce a whole series of tutorials on using photoshop to create textures then applying them in EIAS. I am planning though to dedicate a page on my website to EIAS projects that anyone can access so they can deconstruct my work and glean whatever they can from it. Hopefully I'll find the time to do this.

Keep up the good work and don't underestimate your contribution.

Michael

Hi Guys Thanks for making good comments, because it will feel good to be able to look back and feel I did help others get there quicker with less trouble. Today I started on part 3 but found I was having a lot of problems so I had to re teach myself cause I was doing a lot of ( WHATS GOING ON HERE THIS ISN'T RIGHT) any way I finally got back to knowing what was wrong and will be able to do part 3 tomarrow. I also will take a look at something I want to remind myself of that I learned from the VTC EIAS7 Training disk I have.

Mark

Hi Tomas Thanks you saved me some time. I didn't realize someone could save them and repost them cause they where being streamed not downloaded. I also didn't know all these others were being done by other users, I only thought Ian's videos were here.

Thanks Mark

Oh sorry I went back and saw it was members list not videos

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is brilliant. As a collector of tutorials since 1999 I have seen many tutorials. For some reason over the years there really haven't been any simple hand holding tutorials for beginners.

This fills that gap completely.

Great work.

These video remind me of the first days in 98 learning EIAS 2.8r in my 3D animation class it blew me away then.