Deformation handles in small projects

thingmaker

Hello all, I don't know if this is a bug or just me not finding the right setting.

For example, when I work in relatively small projects I lose the ability to control the handles in the Deformation Editor. The model is well meshed but as you can see in the images attached, the handles are different in differently scaled projects. (It is the same model in each).

I went to Edit/Display where other handles sizes are changed but none of these seem to affect the deformations. I also have checked 'small projects' in the preferences. Is there a way to set it so that the handles are always relative to the window/viewer that they are in?

Thanks. -dr

post-78-13269393655174_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone? There must be a way to use the deformer handles on really small projects without scaling all the models up (which wreaks havoc with the textures). Thanks. -Derryl

Hello all, I don't know if this is a bug or just me not finding the right setting.

For example, when I work in relatively small projects I lose the ability to control the handles in the Deformation Editor. The model is well meshed but as you can see in the images attached, the handles are different in differently scaled projects. (It is the same model in each).

I went to Edit/Display where other handles sizes are changed but none of these seem to affect the deformations. I also have checked 'small projects' in the preferences. Is there a way to set it so that the handles are always relative to the window/viewer that they are in?

Thanks. -dr

• 3 weeks later...

Derryl,

I tried with a VERY small model (.02 length X .001 radius) and I see the handles.

The only way I don't see them is if I deselect the deformation(BezierII) in the deformation window. Could it be that simple...

I doubt it, please send the project so I can dissect it...? My address is there:

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=30

post-17-13269393665286_thumb.png

post-17-13269393665773_thumb.png