Viewing animation in progress

I like this idea. I'm curious though, in network rendering to multiple processors I noticed that at the end the full sequence is stitched together. Where are each of those frames/slices stored and could we have a viewer to see each frame.

from a UI standpoint an Apple Aperture approach would be interesting.

http://images.apple.com/aperture/includes/overlays/zoomerlays/organize/01-20091020.jpg

Where the year would be representative of the job being rendered. Each thumb represents rendered frames and there would be a silhouette with an hourglass representative of ongoing reder(s). This could be representative of amount of frames being rendered per camera. That arrow on the top right would state "200 frames" with a right arrow or even a bottom scroll bar to view the list.

Just food for thought. I know I've had scenes where 1 frame or 3 consecutive ones would determine if I may need to re-render after ensuring those areas render correctly by tweaking that section with preview renders.