Another EIAS 8 Lion issue

Frankg

Hi,

though every work can be done now I found a storage behavior in the UI.

Windows do not follow the cursor if you rearrange them, but jump to the new cursor-position when you release the mouse. Affects all windows in EIAS (project, perspective view etc.) as far as I saw.

regards

Frankg

Hi,

though every work can be done now I found a storage behavior in the UI.

Windows do not follow the cursor if you rearrange them, but jump to the new cursor-position when you release the mouse. Affects all windows in EIAS (project, perspective view etc.) as far as I saw.

regards

Frankg

Yes, that is pretty annoying. The interface issue.

Another more serious issue is renderama, and rendering on my quad core iMac. I'm doing a render where each frame takes 2 minutes and 40 seconds whereas if I just hit render from EIAS without renderama it takes about 1 sec each frame.

Is this how EIAS 8 network rendering under Lion is for everyone else?

(I already applied the patched EIAS and Camera apps btw)

Yes, that is pretty annoying. The interface issue.

Another more serious issue is renderama, and rendering on my quad core iMac. I'm doing a render where each frame takes 2 minutes and 40 seconds whereas if I just hit render from EIAS without renderama it takes about 1 sec each frame.

Is this how EIAS 8 network rendering under Lion is for everyone else?

(I already applied the patched EIAS and Camera apps btw)

Thanks for your reply Tom.

sounds like it could be just me...

I am trying to reproduce this issue on a simpler project (this one has a few hundred MB in textures) but I can't at the moment.

This is happening on a new iMac i got on Friday, and I think I might have made a mistake setting up renderama to use the 4 processors with the correct IP's and port numbers. I am doing that right now.

I am also thinking about downgrading this machine to Snow Leopard which I believe can be done. Lion is very nice but I don't really need any of this stuff. Mission control is a mess.

Thanks for your reply Tom.

sounds like it could be just me...

I am trying to reproduce this issue on a simpler project (this one has a few hundred MB in textures) but I can't at the moment.

This is happening on a new iMac i got on Friday, and I think I might have made a mistake setting up renderama to use the 4 processors with the correct IP's and port numbers. I am doing that right now.

I am also thinking about downgrading this machine to Snow Leopard which I believe can be done. Lion is very nice but I don't really need any of this stuff. Mission control is a mess.