64 bit

AVTPro

Hi, Alonzo

About fundamental things (like your request). We don't plan to hide EI9 features from users. When any feature comes into beta-testing - it will be declared here, on this forum. But before this nothing will be promised nor dates said. It's much better to count/rely on facts, not on words.

Hi, Alonzo

About fundamental things (like your request). We don't plan to hide EI9 features from users. When any feature comes into beta-testing - it will be declared here, on this forum. But before this nothing will be promised nor dates said. It's much better to count/rely on facts, not on words.

Hi The Igors,

This is more an understand question then a request. Would there be a huge advantage to having EIAS "10" (maybe) in 64bit code.

Would it speed the applications or would only only allow to allocate more ram to camera for renders ?

If that is the case, and since EIAS is a modular system of apps. Would only having a 64bit Camera be the only thing that would benefit in being 64bit ? I dont see the need for the animator to run in 64bit truthfully, i could be wrong. I know you guys are busy so feel free not to answer, this is really just a curious question on the real world impact 64bit would have on EIAS.

We don't plan to hide EI9 features from users. When any feature comes into beta-testing - it will be declared here, on this forum. But before this nothing will be promised nor dates said. It's much better to count/rely on facts, not on words.

Hey Igors,

I really like this quote. This is as sincere and candid your approach towards the EIAS3D community and application can be. Wish politicians where this up front. Maybe its not the right forum to ask but, do you have a top 10 list on items you would like to implement for v9 that are not user wish lists?

Best of luck as always.

Hi. Mickael, Gidayoda, All

Not too much to add. Of course, we realize that all hardware resources should be used, it's our highest priority. But "what, when, details etc" - you'll know all it step by step when features come in beta (starting this spring). Before this any talk about features list (10 or 100 or any) gives nothing because they are not real things yet :shy:

Thx for good words and understanding

Hello family,

I will like to add that the MDD jump gave a lot of value to Animator( no doubt about it) and i applause that.

Now we need to be able to handle all these type of mdd data with a few changes and modifications eg. plug ins.

I dont doubt that at some point there could exist a 64 bit Camera but i will recommend the possibility of a 64 bit Animator since Camera with its slaves can be powerful enough to handle millions of polys.

Is very aggressive to suggest a 64 bit Camera with not even Maya running on 64 bit on the OSX where the plug ins might need a re write as well as all the shaders to be able to run on 64 bit mode there is need for them to update.

It is a major jump guys.

Thank you.

Batoloco

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note, Animator would be just as important as Camera concerning 64bit. David and I do very large car data renders that choke Maya and EIAS. This is fact.

I just installed 64 Vista on my MacPro 1.1 and so I can run Maya 64 bit on a Mac. 64bit Maya 2011 will be out next month.

MDD is a vast improve in our workflow, so would 64 bit in Animator and Camera. As always, I applaud Igors on their open and transparent development.

Autodesk recently announced Maya 64 for OS X. They seem to have ported their UI code to Nokia's Qt (which is able to use Cocoa to support 64bitness in Macs), the same framework Tesla is to be based on. My guess is the Igors and co. are contemplating some similar approach. Which surely is an enormous issue to solve.